So would you ever get with a girl or guy that has a kid?

a girl or guy that has a kid? I mean like honestly.. I'm just kinda curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• That would depend on a few things. At this point in my life I probably wouldn't date a guy with a child simply because right now I'm just looking to be young and have fun. Not only do I not want that responsibility right now, but it's also unfair to the child. It would be hard enough bringing a new woman into the child's life, but since I'm not looking for a serious relationship right now there's a good chance it wouldn't last, so it just seems cruel to let a child take the time to get attached to you then leave. It just seems that this kind of thing would leave a kid with some abandonment issues and I'm certainly not trying to do that. In a few years when I'm done with grad school and looking for a serious long term relationship than I absolutely would date a man with a child. A good person is still a good person if they have a kid, so why not

What Guys Said 7

• Yes but only under specific circumstances.

Don't forget, if your dating someone with a kid, you'd be breaking up with 2 people at the same time if it wouldn't work out and quite frankly, breaking up with a kid is a lot harder then with a girl especially if its a young kid.(4-8 years old), then again what cheerclover said is also true, I guess a lot would depend on the circumstances of her previous relationship and wether the kids dad was ever around and wouldn't look at me like I'm the devil.

For me it'd depend, chances are likely I'd end up being friends first and then possibly start dating her if the spark is there and it'd lead somewhere. If I'm guessing it won't be something that'd last, no I simply wouldn't for the above forementioned reason.

• Honestly when I was younger I told myself I would never date or even get in a relationship if that woman had child.

Once I hit about 23 my whole view changed about that. I mean now I look at it as if I truly love her and care for her it doesn't matter if she has a child or not, I would love and care for her and that child like it was my own if she would let me.

• I would, but I still wish to have child of my own, that I concived and I would want her to respect that. I have no problem with going out with a girl with kids but I can see how some people would.

• Yep, of course every situation is different. But I would date someone if I'm attracted to them, with a kid or not.

• the answer is yes, there's nothing wrong with a girl with a child, but if a guy leave his girl and his own kid then he is a moron

• i'd f*** them but that's as far as it will go

• Well it's definitely not ideal, but if I like her enough I wouldn't let it get in the way.

What Girls Said 5

• It would depend. I'd be more open to it if the guy had a younger child, I wouldn't want to come into the situation as the evil girlfriend or something. And, of course, it depends on the guy, if he's just sleeping around and knocking girls up, I obviously wouldn't go out with him. You just have to be careful when kids are in the picture, you have to make sure the relationship is serious enough before you bring another woman/man into the kids life.

• At this stage of my life, I wouldn't. Not because I don't like kids, I adore them, but I'm not emotionally mature enough, nor would I be able to handle the responsibility of taking care of a child full-time. Perhaps later on in life, I'd consider it, but not now.

• I love kids, but to be frank I would not ever date a guy with a child.. Not now, I'm not ready for kids.. I take care of 2 younger brothers, that's already hard enough.. I don't think I can deal with all that.

Not even in a few or more years do I want to date a guy with a kid. I want to be with someone that can go through that experience for the first time with me.. If the guy already had a child, he perhaps already experience all that with his ex gf/wife, and it's not that special and I know that I can never replace the mother.

• Probably not. I mean kids are nice, but I wouldn't wanna kid too close to me in the event me and him didn't work out.

• At my current age, absolutely not. In a few (ie: more than six years), then I would consider it. It would depend on the guy and how much I like him. I'm not against it, and I want kids some day, so it might work out.