Would you quit drinking for the person you're dating?

I've been with a guy nearly 2 years and have not drank for over a month.

Would anyone else stop their drinking/partying/occasional binges for someone they're dating.

I did. And to honest, it wasn't too hard. I mean, I wasn't an alcoholic. But I could see his point. I did sometimes binge. He's not a drinker or smoker. Today, I told him I haven't smoked in over a month!

Most Helpful Guy

• Drinking - with ease, not even a challenge

Smoking - Only if my girlfriend is willing to put up with a complete ###hole for about a week. After that, I am back to normal.

Caffeine - If my girlfriend tries to stop me from drinking my RockStar or other drinks with high amounts of caffeine, We got major problems.

Out of all three, Only thing I can't do without is caffeine.

What Guys Said 4

• Congratulations on the no smoking! :)

I wouldn't stop drinking, but I might stop getting drunk, especially when they're around.

• Non smoking, non drinking for many years now.

When I smoked and drank, my wife just accepted it.

• If he made you sacrifice make him sacrifice, but he should accept you for who you Are

• ha ha ha no

What Girls Said 3

• that's great! that you have stopped drinking and the cessation of smoking well that's another plus! I do drink socially and am a lite smoker myself. for me, the ability to stop would only work if I really wanted to do it for myself, which is the basis for most success stories in abstinence from any vise :) ! but if you remind yourself that the benefit to YOU is the most important factor in all of it; it should help keep you on track in the future! good for you ;) !

• Thanks! That really lifted my spirits. I think I'm too hard on myself. I went out on a Friday night (2 days ago) with friends and ended up smoking and drinking and going to my home at 5am. I was alone and left so guilty and ashamed. But prior to it was a 1 month of quitting both vices. Maybe I'll think of your words when I'm low next time.

• I don't drink to excess any longer. I'm prone to kidney infections as I used to be a right boozer. Luckily my boyfriend has seen me while I've been really poorly and in a lot of pain the last time my kidneys decided to pack up and now keeps a check on my drinking when I forget! I don't drink spirits anymore and at push I'll drink beer, but I mainly stick to PIMMS or champagne these days.

• my boyfriend gave up smoking for me. Also we both don't like to drink, but when we got together we decided to pick up wine.