Do men believe dating is too much work?

I have a lot of guy friends who say dating has become far too much work and that they prefer a FWB to a GF. IS this common thought has dating actual become to much work to males? Why or why not in your honest opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are expected to do EVERYTHING. You have to make a move. You have to ask her out. You have to kiss her first. If you're lucky, she'll pay for herself, but you're still expected to pay for her. You have to stand up for her, but let her speak for herself. You have to protect her, but not treat her like she has to be protected. You can't be jealous, but you can't be at all not jealous.

As much as I enjoy sex and romance, it's not worth it for me to deal with all the bullsh*t expectations girls have. I'm praying I can find a real woman when I get away from this college town.

What Guys Said 5

• Friends with benefits is easier because you take out the emotional attachment of the relationship. Also, it's an easy exit. You can end a friend with benefits easier than breaking up with a girl. Relationships are hard. There needs to be compromises, understanding, and effort. It requires time and money, which just means money since time is money.

• I believe dating in particular takes a bit of work. It's not something you can smooth over in a night, unless it's a one-night stand. But in my opinion, the end result, makes up for it. Nothing more rewarding than falling in love with someone. Or at least meeting someone genuine.

• For someone who thinks he doesn't need a significant other but just a better sex partner than a ONS it's true.

But who doesn't need a significant other?

• Omg, its just too much work nowadays. I already gave up long ago

• Absolutely. I honestly don't want a girlfriend at all. I was so good to my ex girlfriend and she just threw it all away. I was so crushed. Just tired of being good to girls, and it never being enough. Trying to look as good as I can, yet never being good looking enough. Women need to understand we aren't mind readers, and if you just tell us what you're thinking, we will listen. Instead you make us guess. Yes means no, no means yes, etc. I just honestly can't take it, so I am not looking. If something comes my way, sure I will give it a shot but I am done looking.

What Girls Said 0