Not allowed to date what do I do?

my parents don't allow me to date, and I've never had a problem with that until now. I've felt love at first sight at least 3 times, and every time, I always flirt like crazy with those guys, and they flirt back. and then I get really serious about one guy, but I know that my parents wouldn't approve of him. that's added to the reason that my parents don't allow me to date until after I graduate from medical school! they're really strict about that one rule. do I go behind their back, do I introduce him to them, or do I just stay away from him?

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't be the first time a girl/woman has had to hide a relationship from her parents. If they are paying your way through medical school though, just make sure you keep your grades up, and avoid getting pregnant (if dating ever got that far) would be a good idea as well. I think they are mainly concerned that dating would have an affect on your grades, or that you will get pregnant and be unable to stick to school and raise a child at the same time.

If you do go behind their back and date some guys, don't introduce them to your parents. That would be more trouble than it's worth.

Essentially, you should consider the things they are asking of you since (I'm assuming) they are paying your way in college. If I am wrong, and you have student loans, etc. then date whoever you want.

What Guys Said 1

• you are 18-24 years of age and your life is controlled by your parents? That seems to be a bigger problem than them not letting you date. The problem is you are letting them control you, you are an adult.

The bad part is I have a strong feeling they are paying for your medical school and this is what is still giving them control over you, if you disobey.they stop paying for school.

You are not the problem, your parents are not letting you grow. I COMPLETELY understand that no matter how old you are, you are your parents baby but normal parents let go. Normal parents want to see their baby become good men and women.and normal parents want to become grandparents. They want to see the family continue.

But on the flipside of that same coin they are probably doing what they consider wise, they want you to focus on school and finish. Kinda not the norm since you are over 18, but that is the situation you find yourself in right now.

You could always just wait till you finish school but then.you need to find work. After you find work you need to focus on your new job and try to do well. after you been at your job for a while you: have more responsibility because you have more experience and will probably work late into the night.

You see, it seems you are never going to have the time, it could take 5 years or more before you actually have time to date, are you willing to wait that long?

Since you are in school, I think you should date now. yes school is tough and you need to study but this is the time when you have the most time to go shopping for a mate.

Now you could make things easier for you and your parents if: you dated someone from school.hey they could help you study? He wants to be a doctor like you? Your parents probably want you to marry a doctor? kinda a win-win situation. think about it.

What Girls Said 5

• You grow up and take responsibility for your own life, your not 13 or 16. If your 18 your legally an adult, so step up, get off the tit and do whatever you want. Obviously your parents just want to make sure you reach your/their goals, but you are allowing them to control your life, so you either start taking control of your own life and making your own choices or keep breast feeding until you 30. You can not please anyone all the time, and your purpose on earth is not to please your parents.

• Well. you're an adult now. Especially if you're in medical school, I'd probably say you have the ability to make your own, responsible decisions. If you like him enough to consider this, I'd sit down and talk to you parents about this guy -- if they accept it, have him meet them and make sure they're completely comfortable with him (it sounds like your parents' opinions mean a lot to you anyway, so that's probably a great idea regardless).

If not -- well, that's when you've got to do some soul-searching and find out how much you want to date this guy. If it's enough to defy your parents rule, then you need let them know you're a capable woman who can handle a relationship (assuming you can). They may not be happy about it, but that shouldn't keep you from being happy.

Either way, you might consider avoiding getting really sexual with him -- if a child happens to enter the picture, that will not be good.

• they can't control you like that! once you are 18 you are an adult. you can try to introduce them first, but if that doesn't work just date him if you want.

• your over 18, you can do whatever you want. f*** it, go out with him. you can't waste your whole life pleasing mommy and daddy. your growing up, and its their fault if they can't deal with that fact. so goodluck =]

• do you still live with them. we'll if you are not planning to get serious or anything than you can date. but be careful!