I am not allowed to date?

So I am 17 and I am still not aloud to date. I was just wondering if anybody has strict parents like me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not being aLLOWed to date at the age of seventeen is probably for the best. You should preserve this wonderful time in your life. Hang out with your friends, laugh with them, watch movies together, be kids!

What Guys Said 3

• My parents are not that strict thankfully. However, they don't want me going out with someone that has piercings and tattoos and that has a child.

• -raises hand-

• Allowed*

Nope. I'm my own boss.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, I got a friend in the same situation. Her parents said that she could date someone only when she would be 18! It's like very strict, but she's dealing with it her own way =)

! Parents may just be afraid, and like anxious about the realtion you would have with a boy friend. I'm not saying that it's the better way to deal with it but You know, what can you do about it! at least, try to talk to them and make them trust you =)

• I know a girl that has parents like yours she's not suppose to date until 18 but she dates and hook up with guys any since the sixth grade! But if her mom knew she would go crazyyy!

• Dating isn't that exciting. I say trust your parents and wait. It may bother you now, but you'll soon learn it was SO worth it.