Is it sad that I've never been on a date?

I just turned 21 and have not been on one date. I've never even kissed a girl. I know it's pathetic, I was even at the dentist today and he was telling me how pathetic I was. I really don't have a good reason why, I guess since I have never boon on a date I don't know what to do or what to expect and that scares me, so I don't as girls out and then the cycle repeats. So does anyone have any tips or general advice? Like how to ask a girl out, where to take her etc...

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's such a bad thing. Gee... society maybe makes it a bad thing. At your age, I thinkn that we just still need to figure out ourselves and what we really want out of life. I didn't start dating until I was 22 and out of college. I found my husband after 2 years. But I think you are FINE. I'm actually really mad at my husband for having 1 girlfriend at the age of 17 (he dated her for a little over a year and lived with her for half that time at her mom's boyfriends house). Well, I thought he made a stupid decision because he didn't even know who he was and what he wanted why would he be doing stupid sh*t like he did? Found out after a few months that the girl was just using him for sex and he wasn't even her type. She liked guys who liked to party, rave, do drugs (weed), and drink... and dance a lot. He on the other hand was a dork who just liked to play video games. She thought he was not cool and refused to tell her friends she was even dating him. Long story short, she cheated on him with numerous guys and he found out because one of his friends worked at a hotel that saw her with them... gee... and then he never dated again for 7 years. but yeah, don't date until you know what you want. good luck.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 8

• Nope, I'm right there behind you. I'm 20, will be 21 in October (time is flying) and I've never been on a date, had a serious relationship, never had much of a dating life..none at all actually. As for advice, do you have any friends that are girls? If so, you could ask them to be sort of your dating coach to help you with experiencing the opposite sex.

So how did you dentist insult you? lol He must have already known that he was getting paid regardless.

• Unfortunately I've sorta lost contact with all of my friends that are girls. The dentist is sort of a family friend so I didn't really see it as an insult, more of him just telling me I gotta get on the ball.

• Well don't kid yourself it is my (and yours) own fault for never having been on a date. I'm sure you just like I have had many opportunities that you did not act on.

• Of course, I blame no one other than myself. It's just frustrating when people assume that it's "all in my head". Who knows, they may be right but I know that there are so many things that are over my head. Little social cues and things like that are just a foreign language to me, I've never been able to grasp socializing.

• nah not even... its very normal.

im in the same exact boat as you. but I'm 22 going on 23 and never been on a date before. but I have kissed a girl before..

Patience is key and someday you will find a girl that likes you and can date

• its not sad, in a perfect world you can get sex without having to go through the traditional dating route

• I'm the same as you, but my dentist doesn't insult me.

• Good to know I'm not the only one. And the dentist is sort of a family friend so I didn't really see it as an insult.

• Oh. Still doesn't help your mood. I wish I had advice for you.

• Thanks anyways. It was actually kinda weird both the dentist and the assistant were telling me how they both got married at 22.

• Beer is your friend use it and lower your standards go for girls you don't really like so you won't really care, also go for girls no one else is interested in ...gl

• I'm 22 and never had a girlfriend, always been single, however I have kissed and been on dates before, it sucks more for us guys because we always have to initiate

• You know what ? I am 27 and super virgin and I have never been on a date before. And you know what ? There is nothing to feel bad about yourself. What is the worse thing that can happen after all ?

• your dentist was paying you out?!? ROFL