Why did he cry? Men out there, help me!

So me and this guy were casually dating since January, and he told me he wasn't looking for anything as he was planning on moving to NY for 2 years in August, and he didn't want to get attached.

We only slept together like 3 times. We spent more times just hanging out, and cuddling. He's just gone on Monday. I miss him loads.

But anyway, we said goodbye on Sunday. I just went to see him for a couple of hours, and it was quite tense. But after, we went to the station together as he was going to a friends wedding, and I was heading home. We had to say our goodbyes. He just gave me the "I'm really going to miss you, I'll miss hanging out, you mean so much to me, and you have really lightened up my life". I told him I loved him (I had to, I am crazy about him), he didn't say it back, but (I didn't expect him to. I know he isn't in the same place emotionally) I could see the tears forming in his eyes. He said "awww, you're so sweet, you've really set me off now. I hope you know how special you are to me, and I really care about you".

He looked like he was going to cry. He then said "I don't want to go now. But I have to go. It's like ripping off a band aid, got to do it quick. This is too hard" Some hugs and kisses were exchanged.

I eventually walked away and mouthed "I love you" again, walked on, turned back and he was staring after me in a really cute way.

He then text me saying he cried on the tube. I don't understand? I spent so much time thinking he didn't give a sh*t about me cos he backed away for a while, and then he cries? I didn't even cry, and I thought I would be the one to cry. And the next day, he called me from the airport.

So, after all the crying I have done over him, and it takes him 7 months?! Why did my telling him I love him set him off?

What Guys Said 2

• First: I am NOT against men who cry - at appropriate things. You know, like at his wedding, the birth of his child, the death of a loved one, etc.

I frankly don't think this qualifies.

Thus, I think he's wimp.

• Its the thing where you don't realize what you have until its gone.

What Girls Said 0