Signs of a guy that tries too hard?

I know this is a turnoff. What are things that make a guy seem to "try too hard"?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a lot of them but these are the ones that seem to ring true for nearly every girl"

When your first conversation is really long.

When you write on her wall/message/im her on facebook too much.

When you poke her on facebook.

When you try to get her to talk about sex.

When you ask her too many questions

When you try to make a joke but its not funny or cute.

When you talk about your "conquests"

When you insult her or give her a backhanded compliment in such an obvious way that you're only doing it because someone told you that's how you get girls.

What Girls Said 8

• Agrees with everything I say.

Laughs at all my jokes, even if their not funny.

If we're talking and he is leaned in too far that he looks like he's trying to make out with my nose.

Following me around everywhere.

Staring at me too much.

Bragging.

Too much hair gel :/

To much cologne.

Acting like all guys are his 'homies'.

Paying for everything to try and impress.

Not sure if that what you after, but that's all I got.

• You just described nearly all the guys I know. How depressing. ;_;

• - asking how I am/what I am up to throughout the day; even though they think it shows "caring", it's really annoying when we're just talking

- talking too much about himself

- always available to hang out, as in, will drop friends/whatever he's doing if asked to hang out for a little

- not having an opinion, always goes along with what I say

- being too formal - it can make the guy seem too uptight and makes the situation uncomfortable

• obessively texting-its cool to show you're interested, not to be a creep

staring and frowning-at least smile

being too cocky-be confident without going over the top

following a girl around-it gets creepy

talking to her too much-silence isn't always a bad thing

boasting (which ties into talking to much)-ask about her a bit

i know I repeated some of the same things but those stuck out to me

• Can you define obsessive texting?

• Obsessive texting, in my opinion, has a few different situations. re-sending texts within 5 minutes and not giving her a little time to answer, texting her every minute of the day, pushing to keep a conversation going (cause really, if she wants to talk, she'll put more than one word answers), and always being the one to text her first (if you are, then don't text her every day). really, I think it's about feeling out the situation and if she wants to talk to you or not. hope this helps!

• It does thank you! I always texted her first but it wasn't every day. Oh well everybody makes mistakes

• When I was writing up a list of things that seemed clingy, I thought to myself: these could probably go both ways, for guys and girls. Make a list of things that bug *you* when girls are trying to hard - you can probably reverse the list for yourself.

• keeping tabs, excessive texting, overdoing the compliments, staring. just don't act clingy and you're fine

• I dated this guy, and he was so clingy, and he complimented me on everything I did, it was so annoying. So I dumped him, and my friends were all like: "Oh my gosh, Bay! Why did you dump him? He's so cute!" So I said: "You can have him." So about a month later my friend dated him and they broke up for the same reason. Its just annoying, and never text a girl again if they haven't replied yet. :)

• Trying very hard is not a problem if I am very attracted to him.

• um I don't know you can just tell. there is this guy I know that obviously tries too hard, I know him and I can tell he changes when he gets around people like he's not being his true self.

What Guys Said 7

• Excessive texting, personal questions, facebook post, compliments, staring, weird gifts...just being clingy.

• Don't call every hour. Don't say the L word to early. Don't write hundreds of lovey dovey emails or letters. Don't ask her to meet your parents after a few dates. Stuff like that.

• from the answers I see here I guess you should stand there numb like a rock, I'm sure that wouldn't show you try to hard... :))

• great question! good question

• because women make it to hard they expect to much out of someone they don't know!

• my friend would flirt with all the chicks and then behind their backs call them bitches and whores, and laugh at them and how he said they were only sex objects. funny enough, he doesn't have any real friends anymore nor has he ever had a girlfriend longer than 1 month nor has he lost his virginity.

dont be like him.

• So I'm looking at all these answers from girls and they say they get annoyed if we talk too much, if we pay for everything, if we laugh at their jokes, if we accompany a girl etc etc etc ETC. so wth are we supposed to do then, without "trying too hard"?