Would you date out of your race?

I'm a 16 year old African American living in one of the whitest towns you could imagine. I've had 3 girlfriends, none of which were black, and there is nothing I can really do about it. Would you date someone outside of your race? I think some people in my town would but some will hook up with me but won't date me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dated and married out of my race. I can't judge by race. I like women. Point blank.

What Girls Said 4

• I always do. I'm mulatto and most people lump me into the black category. Either way, the guys I find most attractive are usually white, occasionally Asian, rarely any other race. Nothing to do with being judged - obviously, my parents were an interracial couple, they don't care what race I date - and nothing to do with being racist - there are still great people of all races but I just don't find dark/medium skin that attractive and also don't like the stereotypical rap/hip-hop culture that a lot of black guys adopt, and similarly wouldn't date a white guy like that, for that matter - it's just how I am.

I get hit on by guys on the street... most of them are black. There are a fair few white guys that will look at me but not say anything, and about as many black guys that will actually come up and talk to me. Of course there are exceptions, but this is how it is generally for me. Sad, really - seems we still live in a world where interracial dating is somewhat taboo. Not that may people will admit to that.

• Yes, I only date out of my race. For some reason every Latin guy I meet somehow reminds me of my dad or brother! EEwww!

• yes, I would date outside my race...haha I just want someone who can understand me emotionally...and for me that is hard to find.

• I'm african American I don't know if I would date outside my race, I prefer black men but I'm attracted to a lot of Hispanic guys especially ricans, dominicans and guys like that. maybe I would date out but the town I'm living in is pretty much segregated between whites, blacks and mexicans so I wouldn't really have much of a chance to date anyone other than a black man.

What Guys Said 0