I Like My Best Friend. I Don't Want To Mess Things Up. What Do I Do?

I have a best friend and we used to date 2 years ago. We broke up but we got over it and we have been good friends ever since. I have seen her get her heartbroken 3 times by the same guy and he dumped her recently. We have been spending a lot of time together doing things, watchin wrestling, playing video games etc. She flirts with me and tells me I look good and she misses me and lately I have been getting feelings back for her but she is completely beat over this guy plus I don't want to mess things up, but I want her to know that if she goes back with me than I will never hurt her like this other guy did. How do I go about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the only thing you can do ( the wiser choice anyways) is be there for her. Its never good to put all your eggs in one basket and you CANT make her see how perfect you are for her , she has to realize that one herself. I know being around her and watching her get chewed out by the same guy over and over bothers you , but you have to wait until it REALLY starts bothering her. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't think she and this guy may be done ( just being honest) she's hurting right now and suddenly single simply put she's on the rebound. However tomorrow is a different day be honest with yourself if that guy were to come back in the picture at this very moment would she not go back to him? ( the possibilities of that are endless) your not only looking at whether your putting a strain on a friendship , but also your feelings. Its too soon to pour your heart out I don't think your ready and I know there's a HUGE chance that she isn't either. You two like flirting and being around each other see where that goes . However keep in mind that just because she's hurting it doesn't mean your her answer for a cure ( hope you understand what I mean by that) she needs a time out right now , but if you really have to have her be honest with her. You just have to remember that right now doesn't mean forever.

• Wow see, k-taylor, when ever I post my thoughts, I never read others first, and me and nique basically said the same thing... in the rebound sense..

What Girls Said 1

• well, tell her like you told us,

just say it like you mean it. tell her your sick of seeing guys take advantage of her time and time again. and that you really like and appreciate her for what she's worth. tell her you would never hurt her like any of the worthless pieces of crap that treated her bad.and ask her out. but make sure you dont rush her into it. Instead of kissing right after or what ever just kinda hold her, and comfort her.

What Guys Said 1

• right now you are in a spot where, she is probably vulnerable. she is hurt, and she has you to comfort her. you can tell her you miss her too and that if you guys got back together you guys are older and more mature, and it will be better than the first time. but to me, I wouldn't worry about breaking her heart, id worry about her breaking your heart. you are also in a rebound position. even though you dated before.

i think she will more than likely date you. just make sure your not a rebound when you do ask her back out.