How many texts do you send to your girlfriend/boyfriend a day?

If you've been seeing someone a few months, do you still text every day? How many texts on average would you send a day, when you're both at work and not seeing each other that evening?

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend and I have been dating almost a year now. He's 25 and I'm 21 and he's not a huge fan of texting. We don't text during the day unless we have a question or issue of some sort that needs to be tended to right then. Otherwise I see it pointless to bother him if I don't really need anything. Occasionally I will send him a text saying "Hey hunny have a wonderful day" or something like that if he has been having a rough work week. His job is very demanding therefore he can't spend time texting me silly things. I tried to keep it short and simple so that way he doesn't get annoyed. I may send him a naughty pic every once in awhile to spice it up.. he loves those! ;) He does call me like clockwork every day on his drive home from work and again before bed! I wish we text more but then again it makes it more interesting when I talk with him after work! Don't worry if he isn't texting you as much especially if he's calling you, I feel as though calls are way more meaningful than texting! :) Hope this helps hun!

What Guys Said 5

• Depends, I don't really like to bother her with pointless texting. Just letting her know what's up with me every now and then, or to ask her a question/find out how she's doing.

• Damn...I don't know the number of times..but when she's not with me I text her when I wake up and don't stop til I'm asleep.

• i don't count but we text a lot every day.

• normally everyday but I wait till they text me so it doesn't get old for me to text them :)

• on slow days about 10 each way. but our bustiest days can go into the 30's and 40's each way

What Girls Said 8

• Ive been with my fiance over 2 years and since we started out we text probably 15xs a day ontop of calls. He works long hours and is in a lot of meetings all of the time so I send him texts about how my day is going or I send him naughty pics of me, ask him questions, be silly... whatever! I talk to him over texting as if he was here with me so that's a lot of text messages a day. Oh but I would also like to add, its not exactly "texting" we both have blackberry's so we use blackberry messanger because its faster! ;)

• It depends.

You shouldn't have to plan out how much you text him.

Text him if you have genuine stuff to say or something to ask.

Dont text him out of bordem or with pointless stuff he just won't be interested in or if they're short simple texts that are meaningless.

But really it depends on the guy. Some like space, some prefer you to keep in touch a bit more.

Think about it, how much does your guy text you?

If he texts a lot, he's probably the type who likes to keep in touch more.

If he doesn't text all that much, probably likes space.

• well I've been married four years and with him for five and we are both in the military but are stationed together so we see each other every night. we also have a very demanding social life. But all in all we still find a way to communicate and that's txting. We text each other at least 6-8 times a day or more. we have been that way since I was 16. no matter what we had going on in our lives we have always communicated very well and it never gets old. I know it sounds korny but we are best friends.

• my past boyfriends have been long distance,

so we would text / call everyday.

depending on what's going on in our lives,

the number of texts would vary.

also, if one or both of us were tired / too busy at night to talk,

then that rules out calling [ this didn't happen very often ]

• Because I know how busy he is at work, I rarely text him until the evening when I know he's generally not busy then we usually talk on the phone for 20 minutes to an hour before we go to sleep or he has to study.

So to answer your question: about 1-2 a day, more if he's not so busy during the day.

• I've been with my man for about 2.5 years. We don't live together but he lives 5mins away from me and we see each other most nights. I say on average we text about 10 times a day, everyday :)

xxx

• Me an my boyfriend have been dating 8 months and even tho we hang out everyday and have sleep overs every night while were at work we text eachothet all day!

• maybe like 1-4 a day. some times 1-4 a month because we spend so much time with each other. it's better to write super mega long letters to each other on facebook then a small text saying... hey I miss you. but yeah... I've been with my guy about a year.