How important is being HONEST to you?

Please, tell the truth...

(haha)

• Honest Abe, I can not tell a lie.
  • I fib, white lies hurt nobody.
  • I am a compulsive liar.
  • I have lied before but I try to be honest.
Wouldn't you figure, no one has chose answer C.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honesty is the best policy for me, unless it's a situation where honesty may hurt someone's feelings. In that case, I won't lie necessarily but just be very careful how I phrase things...choose my words carefully.

What Guys Said 7

• i'm a horrible liar haha. when I'm in a situation where I feel like I need to lie... I end up telling the truth. I guess I'm just an honest person. and I want people to be completely honest with me. I voted A.

• I think that there's a difference between honesty and truthfulness. Truthfulness is the case of never telling a lie, whereas honesty extends to the point of no secrets (yes or no answer vs telling the whole story, or choosing not to answer the question). I think that truthfulness is extremely important whereas textbook honesty not as much. Not everyone's life has to be an open book, and you should not be forced to admit to everything. That being said, I do not approve of lying your way out of something either. It is important to be truthful, but you can still keep things to yourself.

• haha the update is funny

• It's very important to me, however I think lying gets you farther - no matter what you hear on this board from girls, guys the fact is telling people a lie is easier than telling them the truth.

• I won't give you the down arrow but I will strongly say, I disagree! Have fun weavin that web.

• Thanks - I'll stick by what I said though. I'm always honest by the way, but it's not easy. There are plenty of times when I'd much rather have told someone a lie than the truth, for lots of reasons.

• I find that most women don't want the truth. My friend and I got into an argument because I said that some THOs are attractive. I can't help that it turns me on. She thought I was being gross and I asked if she would rather know the truth with me or pick some guy who won't admit he likes them too.

My life is an open book, just ask a question. :)

• On the personal relationships level, honesty is almost always necessary, although there are reasons people have to keep some things SECRET! to protect others.

• For me, it depends on the relationship I have with that person and how much I trust them. I never like lying, but sometimes for appearances' sake I feel like I have to.

What Girls Said 4

• Honesty is a must, in everyday life and relationships.

If you can't be honest to others you can't be honest with yourself..

I am always as honest as I can be because that's something people respect and most often telling the truth, even when in a bad situation, will get you the respect you need to get yourself out of the situation.

• Honesty is super important... even if its a small lie... say your girlfriend just spent all day cooking a meal and it was less then tasty ... when she asked you if you liked it you said yes ... well you better believe she is going to make it again ... Just say something like ... its OK but I liked it when you made blah blah better ...

• I try to be as honest as possible. But I have realized how much lies really hurt people. One little lie can snowball and ruin great relationships

I choose D

• I tell white lies because there's no point in hurting someone when the world is already so horrible. If my friend is in love with her new purse and I think it's ugly. I'm not going to tell her it's ugly, I'm going to say I love it, because my opinion doesn't matter. She loves it, she thinks it's pretty, it makes her happy. Who am I to take that away from her?

But if it's really big things, then of course the truth comes first everytime