I'm 17

Hey guys! I have a problem. I am 17. I mean its great and everything until a guy I really like asks me how old I am! It seems like once a guy turns 18, 17 year olds are unacceptable. Its madd awkward! I'll be on a date with a really awesome 19 year old or something and he's like.oh. you're only 17?

Updates:
does anyone else feel this way?

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• i dated a girl when she was 17, wanna know how old I was. 21. she was independent, mature, had 2 jobs, a car. she was very independent. it lasted only a while but that to me is the hardest ages to date. a 4 year difference but harder to handle than a 26 year old dating a 34 year old. to me its the hardest age cause she couldn't smoke legaly and I was able to drink legaly.

when I was 20 I was in texas, I asked this girl out and she said yes. during our date I asked her age, she said 21, then she asked me mine, I told her 20. she treated me like a kid! I had a fake id and everything so its not like I couldn't go out with her to wherever,. my id actually said I was 24. I told her funny how your acting, but age is nothing but a number. its all on how you act. and that was the end of the date. so there are people niave and ignorant, and there are people that are understanding and openminded.

1|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 3

• err I don't know maybe afraid of a lawsuit? I wouldn't givhs a ei tin my opinion if I was the guy, it's normal for the girl to be younger.

0|0
    0|0
  • WHAT?

I'm 19. and my limit is probably. 15-16. I don't think I'll date anyone under 15.

Or above 21 - 22. and I'll change as I age.

0|0
    1|0
  • Err.What exactly can any of us do? I.can't really make you 18 magically.is there something we can do to help you?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• lol really? all the fellas I know are with girls who are at least 2years younger than them

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah! I know that's how it used to be for me, and I've always gone for older guys...and since I'm a senior in high school the only older ones are in college. I am pretty sure the college guys wouldn't care to date someone who is still in high school lol.

• Seriously that's weird no guys over here that I know are like that. its like if they like a girl that's that like obviously there not going to go with a 12 year old but you get what I mean

• Yeah I see what you mean. Maybe I'm just being insecure. =P

• The problem is that for a guy that's 18, your illegal. That is a major turn off. That's okay you only have a year to wait.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thats true; you should probably wait till you are 18 to date older guys . even though you feel like you're mature you really aren't ready. I thought I was and I regret it every day.