I'm 17

Hey guys! I have a problem. I am 17. I mean its great and everything until a guy I really like asks me how old I am! It seems like once a guy turns 18, 17 year olds are unacceptable. Its madd awkward! I'll be on a date with a really awesome 19 year old or something and he's like.oh. you're only 17?

does anyone else feel this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• i dated a girl when she was 17, wanna know how old I was. 21. she was independent, mature, had 2 jobs, a car. she was very independent. it lasted only a while but that to me is the hardest ages to date. a 4 year difference but harder to handle than a 26 year old dating a 34 year old. to me its the hardest age cause she couldn't smoke legaly and I was able to drink legaly.

when I was 20 I was in texas, I asked this girl out and she said yes. during our date I asked her age, she said 21, then she asked me mine, I told her 20. she treated me like a kid! I had a fake id and everything so its not like I couldn't go out with her to wherever,. my id actually said I was 24. I told her funny how your acting, but age is nothing but a number. its all on how you act. and that was the end of the date. so there are people niave and ignorant, and there are people that are understanding and openminded.

What Guys Said 3

• err I don't know maybe afraid of a lawsuit? I wouldn't givhs a ei tin my opinion if I was the guy, it's normal for the girl to be younger.

• WHAT?

I'm 19. and my limit is probably. 15-16. I don't think I'll date anyone under 15.

Or above 21 - 22. and I'll change as I age.

• Err.What exactly can any of us do? I.can't really make you 18 magically.is there something we can do to help you?

What Girls Said 2

• lol really? all the fellas I know are with girls who are at least 2years younger than them

• Yeah! I know that's how it used to be for me, and I've always gone for older guys...and since I'm a senior in high school the only older ones are in college. I am pretty sure the college guys wouldn't care to date someone who is still in high school lol.

• Seriously that's weird no guys over here that I know are like that. its like if they like a girl that's that like obviously there not going to go with a 12 year old but you get what I mean

• Yeah I see what you mean. Maybe I'm just being insecure. =P

• The problem is that for a guy that's 18, your illegal. That is a major turn off. That's okay you only have a year to wait.

• Thats true; you should probably wait till you are 18 to date older guys . even though you feel like you're mature you really aren't ready. I thought I was and I regret it every day.