How many of you would date an obese guy? I'm sure it's not many.

I know most people say "I don't think he cares about himself blah blah blah" but I'm just wondering if any girls actually would give the guy a chance. He may have an amazing personality you know. I understand if you find it just disgusting. I don't see why you wouldn't.

I am an obese guy and I want to lose weight but I can't stand exercise and the horrible feeling I get from it. So I'm worried I'm destined to be alone.

• I would.
  • I wouldn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• What's wrong with being obese? In the words of Gerard Butler in The Ugly Truth, "Nothing. Except no one wants to f*** it."

That may be a little extreme. If you're happy with your weight then that's fine. The trouble comes in when you set standards that you don't even hold yourself to. You probably wouldn't have trouble finding an obese woman to date/have sex with you. Usually the case is though, the obese person wants a person in better shape than them and claims to be unattracted to the other obese person. Thus saying you want others to lower their standards when you don't want to.

To put it plainly, if you're cool with being obese, then more power to ya! But if you're mostly trying to date people in better shape than yourself, you should probably work on it. You cannot expect people to be any less shallow than you are.

What Girls Said 9

• As long as you are willing to date overweight women, then of course they will date you. Just don't expect a thin girl to date you.

I've dated overweight guys, but not obese. I'm OK with imperfection, but I'm not going to date someone I'm not attracted to or that I can't enjoy activities with.

• Well I meant more like who can have an attraction to. Not just lowering standards. As for activities, yeah I've never been an outdoor person. Even if I was skinny I wouldn't.

• You need to go out and get the book "The Gabriel Method". Or at least google it and watch the youtube vids.

• I wouldn't unless I found that I like his personality amazing! haha!

• Sorry but no.

1. That's completely unhealthy. Why would I want to date someone who is just begging to die youg?
    2. I wouldn't be physically attracted
    3. Our lifestyles wouldn't be compatible. I'm very active
    4. I can find a slimmer guy with a great personality too

Sorry if that sounds shallow but it's the truth.

• i would not date an obese guy. and anyway why don't you date obese girls. you EXCPECT thin girls to date you meanwhile you overlook obese girls. no I won't date someone who is obese. just excersise. stop whining!i know I'm mean but I speak the truth. you can exercise. stop eating potato chips go out for a walk. stop drinking soda and going 2 mcdonalds

• Lol The food part is easy, exercise isn't. I don't like exercising for 30 minutes - 1 hour and feeling tired all day and having my legs/feet hurt for like a the next couple days. As for obese girls they're not attractive to me. That's not my fault my brain is programmed like that. Oh well if I don't find someone by 25 I probably won't stick around. I've tried exercising 3 different times this year and gave up after about a week.

• I based your personality on your response to the answers. Saying "it's too hard" and "i'm not attracted to other obese women."

• Hell I might be idk. I've never really seen or known any my age. Anyway this is my idea for my weight loss. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=As3LCHXwoQ.8gJVZtSM08APsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20100829114323AA2zp5j

• I would, because I hate it when people judge me by my body type. I hate it when people think a fat person doesn't take care of themselves. I have the same problem as you, just different. People think I'm a whore or not a virgin, because I have big boobs and guys flirt with me a lot.

• Well that's nice to know there's girls that are open minded. I think having a girlfriend would be HUGE motivation for me to tough it out with exercise. I would want to look better for her. And that's a dumb assumption just because of your boobs.

• I know, I hate it. People are all surprised when I tell them I'm a virgin.

• u deserve to be alone because you seem really really sad, not dating an obese girl why you are obese yourself? omg! you don't DESERVE anyone. exercising 3 times a year? I bike 8 miles A DAY. get a life. I don't care that I sound mean

• Not 3 times a year. Like 3 attempts about a week or two long. I don't care if you bike 8 miles a day.

• If you are like I don't wanna dateobese girls, and commeting suicide about it? what about the people in pakistan who are floodvictims, I would say their life is a lot worse off!!

• Who cares about flood victims right now? This questions has to do with obese guys and some what my own thoughs. I have depression. You shouldn't be so judgmental of other people when you don't know all of what you should know.

• I'm 5'3 155 lbs. My boyfriend's 6'0 and flunctuates from 256-267. He is confident in who he is and how he looks. I honestly think he's the sexiest man on earth. He's just such a great guy. There is hope for all big guys. Accept yourself for who you are and someone else will too.

• who cares about his personality? if you're unattractive people aren't going to overlook the fact that your body is grossly out of shape just to get to know your personality. lets be real, I'm sure you aren't exactly directing this question to obese girls lmao. we're human just like you are. most people want someone they are attracted to. he could have the most amazing personality in the world, but I am not going to be sexually attracted to an obese guy and want to sleep with him...so why would we date?

guess what --exercise is not fun and losing weight is not easy. if being in shape was easy then america wouldn't have the obesity rates that it does. you just need to stop making excuses and lose weight. and don't leave me any whiny ass comments about why you can't either. if you really are going to sit here and make excuses for yourself then have fun being alone or find that 1 in a million girl that will settle for an obese guy that is lazy and can't take charge of his own destiny

yeah I'm feeling pretty bitchy tonight but its all true lol

• I am not going to be sexually attracted to an obese guy and want to sleep with him...so why would we date? Because you don't need sex in a relationship. I don't that's for sure. I'm too insecure to get naked around a girl it won't change if I lose weight.

And if I can't find someone at my own weight I won't be around much longer. I HATE exercise more than anything in the world so oh well.

• Sooner or later if you are in a relationship you are probably either going to have sex, or at least hook up, or at the very least make out. if I'm not attracted I'm not going to want to do any of those things with a guy, the most an unattractive guy can do for me is give me a hug. just like you don't want to date girls you're not attracted to, neither do we. if we're not going to touch each other at all in a relationship, that's called being just friends.

• Maybe I need a friend that's a girl then. Never had one. Not in person at least. I have 3 close friends online but they're scattered. NM, NY, and FL.

What Guys Said 4

• Generally speaking, you're going to have a lot less luck than a physically fit guy. You already know why.

The fact of the matter is, you're likely only going to have success if you have a very charming personality. Unfortunately, that's not the first impression that comes from you. If you approach a girl, the first thing she's going to think is "Ew, fatass, get away from me." No matter how good your personality is, you're going to be "that fat creepy loser" to the women you try to approach.

So what can you do? Well, generally, I'd say the most likely way is for you to have female friends who don't think anything of you at first, but then fall for your personality as they get to know you better. Is it the best means of going about things? Probably not, but I've seen it happen plenty of times. I guess it's something of a "you'll find love when you stop looking for it" deal.

• lol once again quite a few gag girls not being honest with themselves

• Gonna be honest with you I couldn't date an obese person, being the health nut that I am, and going to school to be a personal trainer I couldn't stand to be in a relationship with someone who lived a unhealthy self destructive life style like that.

• I'm in the same boat as you. I weigh 300 lbs. and though I've managed to lose 50 lbs. from my highest weight, I find myself losing the will to continue. For me it's not so much that I don't like exercising, because I actually enjoy it, it's more so because I like to eat unhealthy foods.

I agree that having a girlfriend would restore my willpower.

• I could do the healthier food. Lets trade. lol