• Ask
  • myTake

Would it be weird to date my brother in law's sister?

I don't really care myself because I like her but I want to be prepared for any dirty looks I'll get from anyone or anything.

My friend said that girls are more likely to be disgusted by the fact that I'm dating "in the family" than guys are and that I'm pretty much doomed from the start here. Is this true?

Most Helpful Opinion

• not really. but be prepared that he's protective of her.

What Girls Said 2

• The weird-ness factor ALL depends on what kind of relationship you two will have. Honestly, are you just trying to get into her pants, date short-term, or have a serious long-term relationship? Whichever the answer, make sure it's a straight-forward, honest thing with her. Unless it's serious long-term, it'll probably get ugly and really messy for everyone. So, get to know her really well before anything happens.

What Guys Said 2

• Thats not weird at all dude. Don't worry about dirty looks from other people. My uncle dated a girl who was 18 when he 42 and they made it work for six years and people gave him crap all the time for it.

• No. My mom and her sister married brothers.