Was I a rebound from some other girl or what? I don't really understand this guy, can anyone else relate?

I guess this fits the best under break-up although, we never were actually in a relationship. I didn't trust him (I'd say that was pretty clever on my part ) my friend said he only wanted me for sex, but he never really tried to get it from me. We kissed and cuddled and held hands and stuff, but I still never trusted him. He looked me in the eyes every time he told me something he wanted me to believe (I really like you, you can trust me, you're beautiful etc.) it lasted for about two weeks and then he randomly told me (over IM) that he met a girl who he was going to ask to be his girlfriend. He said something like she reminded him of me (as if that's supposed to make me feel better) I never really cared because I guess not trusting him kind of made me expect it, and I was kind of stunned that he liked me in the first place since he could totally do better. Anyways then during one of our convo's he started talking about how amazing she is and I was kind of like..excuse me? like what the hell as if he didn't know I wouldn't want to hear that. And now I just keep seeing him everywhere I look I can't get him out of my head and I really miss him. but can someone explain why he did that and what I was to him? Was I like, a rebound from some other girl or what? Guys have you ever done this to anyone?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh ... Guys of your age are such jerks sometimes. We all know what this guy did and said was way wrong. I don't think you were a rebound at all. I think that he is just trying to be with as many pretty girls as he can. I mean a guy who has a reputation not to be trusted is most likely pretty shallow and so he is into looks alot. So don't let him get you insecure about yourself because he wouldn't have tried to be with you if he thought you were ugly. so it's his loss and remember a guy like this will always get his. What goes around comes around. Everyone on here will agree that you should forget about him and find someone who will love you for you.

What Guys Said 1

• Could be a number of reasons, he dated you, and decided to date someeone else, bit like shoping around and finding what you like, you werent really in a relationship with him but you did have some feelings for him...

What Girls Said 1

• Until my current boyfriend, I was always holding back and not trusting guys and therefore not becoming attached. It sounds like since you and this guy didn't do much and he has a "girlfriend," he's just talking to you like a friend. He was just trying to have fun but found someone else. Boys are stupid and don't have tact or understand that some things they say can be hurtful under the wrong context. Sorry! Suggestion - don't hold on to the negative feelings for long (I did for several years) - move on and have a fabulous life! ;)