Guys, why would you text so much instead of calling?

I've been seeing a guy for a few weeks,known each other for a few months. He worked about 70 hours this week and said he is just exhausted. Friday he called me after work briefly and didn't mention any plans for this weekend except "he would call me after he knew what was going on:. So yesterday, instead of calling me he texted me on and off throughout the day for about 6 hours. Said he was "upset because he couldn't get to spend any time with me this weekend or to relax because his parents needed him to do some work around the house. " Guys...does this sound for real and why not call versus text? He was texting me right back every time he initiated the conversation and we did that for about 6 hours.

Most Helpful Guy

• Two reasons that I can think of. One, texting is easier to do when you are busy. You can send the message when you get time, then keep doing what you're doing until you receive a reply. Or two, he's a guy. Us guys don't like talking on the phone. Don't ask why because we don't know either. It's just one of those things that we don't like doing. Once we get on the phone, we will say what needs to be said then the conversation is over. No mindless chatter :)

What Guys Said 1

• Because talking on the phone sucks.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, the only reason that pops into my head is that he's busy. If I'm going to call someone, I'll going to have to clear my schedule for that amount of time so I can have a proper conversation with them. But with texting, I can text when I'm free. it's not an instant thing. does that make sense?