Why do guys want to play the field durring the summer?!

Me and my boyfriend at the time decided to "take a break" during the summer until school started again. We still went on dates, made out, talked everyday, and did everything that boyfriend and girlfriends do! But we weren't boyfriend, girlfriend. He said he didn't want to see anyone else. And I know that was bullshit from the moment it came out of his mouth. So now its only a few weeks before school starts again and I just got tired of waiting for him! I called him up and said that I didn't think we should see each other anymore. Then later after that phone call he said he just wanted to play the field. He really pissed me off and wasted my whole summer when I could of had another guy probably even better! But why do guys have to be such jerks? That's all I want to know. :[

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea dear they will be if you allow them to be :) depends on how you react also. Any way its over now. All the best for a new one :)

What Guys Said 1

• Women are looser during the summer, themselves. Warm weather makes people generally more.horny, for lack of a better word. People are scantily clad and traveling, it makes people feel "groovy".

I have got the "take a break" line before. When people want to take a break, it means they want to fool around, but keep you on the line, just in case their aspirations don't work out.

What Girls Said 1

• Good question. But it's not just guys, girls want to play the field more in the summer as well. I don't know why that is. I kind of feel more frisky in the summer as well, I'm not sure why, I just do. I wouldn't do what he did, and I'm sorry that happened to you, but I do feel more ready for anything in the summer.