Ok so I have a date ....

And its with a guy I'm not really attracted to but I want to give him a chance, but what do I do if he goes to kiss me .i know for sure I don't want to kiss him back because I don't want to lead him on.

Were going to dinner then the movies so I know for sure he's more than likely to try it at some point help !

Most Helpful Girl

• Turn so he hits your cheek.

Also, your body language before hand should tell him you don't want to kiss. If you have your body pointing towards him and keep looking at his lips it means you do. Focus on his eyes and have your body SLIGHTLY turned away from him at least most of the time.

Not all guys pick up on the signs. My bf, on our first date, didn't notice how I was always really close and looking at his lips. The other girl from the double date told him after I had to leave. He felt like an idiot. So, not all guys notice. That is why I gave the cheek advice first.

Lean back a little as well to make it harder for him to reach you if he tries. (harder, not impossible. That way you don't seem mean or hurt his feelings to much)

What Guys Said 2

• Let him kiss you but you don't have to kiss back. If you keep your mouth closed it will only take a second. If its a first date he might not have the confidence to kiss you yet. This is the date wear he will try to figure out your interests so he can impress you. So a good test is to mention some things you like. And see if he remembers them the next time you see him. From a guys point of view there is this huge wall women sometimes put up. So he will try to break the ice and get to know all about you. So try to keep the conversation rolling. If it dies he will be very nervous. Let me know if this helped.

• Ok great advise thanks.

But I think it would be weird me not kissing back....he might just think I'm a terrible kisser lol

• just don't give him the chance to kiss you. if he goes in for a kiss. just move and make it awkward so that he gets the picture. but if you don't want to kiss the guy, you must really not be attracted to him, so I'm unsure why you going on the date in the first place.

• Basically,he didn't ask if I wanted to go he was like that's it I'm taking you out sunday So at first I was like ok maybe its not a date its just us going out. but now he's like really excited about it and stuff and I know how it feels to be all excited about it then they say they don't wanna go.But if I go on the date I can say I didn't feel chemistry between us or I might go and my mind might be totally changed .I just want to know what to do if I don't feel anything and dont want to kiss the

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe you could just pull back a little and then tell him that it's nothing personal but you just don't kiss on a first date? I realize you're not attracted to him, but if you are so against kissing him before the date even starts, why are you even bothering? I can understand giving a guy a chance that you're not that attracted to. I've done that in the past. But how much of a chance are you really giving him if you've already decided that he's going to try to kiss you and you're going to want to get out of it? I dunno, it just seems to me like if you were honestly "giving him a chance" you would remain open to the possibility that you might be ok with a quick peck by the end of the date? Because if there isn't even the POSSIBILITY that you'll want to kiss him at some point, why even date him? Seems to me like that is leading him on too. Maybe I'm just weird, lol.

• Basically,he didn't ask if I wanted to go he was like that's it I'm taking you out sunday So at first I was like ok maybe its not a date its just us going out. but now he's like really excited about it and stuff and I know how it feels to be all excited about it then they say they don't wanna go.But if I go on the date I can say I didn't feel chemistry between us or I might go and my mind might be totally changed .I just want to know what to do if I don't feel anything and dont want to kiss the guy.

• wow. I have been in this exact situation. The only problem I had was I kissed him to be polite. lol oops. we ended up dating even though I didn't like him at all. You need to say something like I had a good time but. I'm not ready for this. Or I usually save kisses for later when I know my date better and we are closer. Or kisses are a special thing for me how about a hug?

something like that so that he doesn't think you are being mean just so that he knows that there is more to you and you don't kiss just anyone. lol

• Great advice :D....i was actually watching The Hills ( haha I'm sad ino ) and Lauren was like if he goes to kiss you and you don't want to just move your head to the side lol I was like that could be way obvious but it might just work lol thanks :) x

• first of all, regardless if your attracted or not you agreed to the date. if your going in with an open mind as who knows what will happen then do just that. go in open minded. if your going on a pitty date to be nice or in some cases a free night out all expenses paid and you see that he is trying to lean in or make a move just stop and tell him gently that you don't want to take it to that level on the first date. I just really want to know about you and see were this will go before we go to that level. and then lighten the mood by saying something like (if you enjoyed it) maybe on the next date we can see what happens (and if you didnt) but I have enjoyed myself tonight and I thank you for taking me out.

• Its not really pitty date as such weve been friends for a while, I see it more as 2 friends going out but with the way he's talking its defo more to him.

still good advise though thanks :D

• ok during the dinner get to know his personality see if you like it and maybe you will see if something is there. yes if he does lean in for a kiss & you do not want to kiss him don't be rude about it just kinda be like oh I don't kiss on first dates. =]

• Most of the time things don't work out with someone you're not attracted to. So if he goes to kiss you I'd just be totally honest with him. I know it sounds harsh but, it's the right thing to do and he might even respect you for being confident enough to stand up for yourself.