Does your personality differ online than in real life?

Do you tend to be more outgoing online or in real life, nicer online or in real life...things like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think most people tend to be more confident due to the fact that there is no physical visual unless on webcam etc.

People who normally have issues with their confidence tend to appear more confident and they tend to be the most popular ones!

I personally before was really self conscious and I started to play online games and I somehow was able to interact with people on there without worrying and I then started to apply that to my life. And now I am just who I am and I find I can express my self in words naturally.

I still have moments when I am more reserved,but yeah I guess it can be looked at as a good thing that people change their attitudes and personality on the web. Also looking in a negative way it can make people believe that they are really like this but they cannot apply to the waking world and somehow slip into this false sense of security and then rely on this change, but then they cannot seem to cope in the real world. But that is just my opinion.

If it harms no one and helps someone in a way then fair play :D

• Online games are magic for transforming people, like.

• Hah, yeah, I get that. What game was it that hooked you?

• Haha world of warcraft, so addictive but so good ha ha you?

What Guys Said 20

• What I think doesn't change, overall I'm the same person, however, I am VERY much more outgoing online than I am in person, I can be very timid around attractive young women - let's just say I've written more to women online than I can possibly count, and I've only ever asked one girl out on a date. Rejection isn't so bad online, but it can really hurt in person, so I'm basically just afraid of that. Then again, "A life lived in fear, is a life half lived", so maybe it's time to be more integrated between IRL and Net personalities?

• Interesting saying. I've never heard it before but it kind of does make sense.

• I'm a lot more outgoing online. In person I keep to myself and on the rare occasion when I do try to be social it only comes out awkward. I big reason why is because I struggle with speech and verbal communication. It's tough for me. Can't be helped though, just the way I'm wired.

• I try to keep my online and real life personas the same, and for the most part, they are. If you read all my answers on this site, my profile and all that, and met me in real life, you wouldn't find much differerence. I guess I'm a tiny bit more outgoing on the Internet, simply because no one knows who I am apart from what I have on my profile, which really isn't much at all.

I tend to refrain from making jokes on the Internet though, because I have a very dark and sarcastic and sometimes strangely witty sense of humor. If I was making a comment on something that I meant to be humorous and I thought was quite funny, someone else may think I was being serious, or may take it seriously, and that would only lead to trouble. A lot of my humor and my ability to make people laugh stems from the way things are said in certain situations, and a lot of that is lost over the Internet. But apart from that, I essentially stay true to my own personality on the Internet and in real life.

• I'm obnoxious either way.

• I tend to be more outgoing and honest online.

• I'm more serious online. In person, I'm a big goofball. I love making people laugh and singing at random.

But I'm pretty serious when I need to be. There really isn't much difference between myself online and in person.

• I think some people do tend to be different online because there are no barriers, but personally I think there is a limit to how much someone can be different without giving away the real them. When I'm online I like to act 100% like I do in real life, but that's just me, others are different.

• A friend of mine actually said, 'Never are you more yourself, than when your being someone else', when referring to how people are online.

• I talk more online than in real life, but that's because people want to listen, essentially. I mean, like on this, its all questions, so that's your only option. Or on Messenger, its just you and the other person. I talk loads if its me and them in real life, though.

I'm probably more butch online, bahaha.

• I think I'm a little more out going but not much, I'll talk to people but I don't go and pursue a conversation either it be online or in real life

• shy in real life, jokes around online.. it depends on who tho. the shy part comes out only when I'm with my crush

• i find myself more open online then in person

only cause I'm compfy at home

nice both places tho ha ha

i wish I could be like this to people I don't know then maybe I wouldn't spend my Friday nights alone

in 3d

• Nicer online, a little more talkative online also.

• Im more outgoing online than I am in real life.

• I think I am basically the same person on line then in real life...except.

I am sure I feel more open to say anything and be a lot more honest than I might be in person.

• I think it is the same. No difference for me. I might be a little less shy online, but that is about it.

• Of course, online you can be honest because nobody knows you. If you're honest in real life you commit social suicide. For example: I've said many times I'm still a virgin at 27 on this site, I wish that humanity will die out soon, etc. If I would do that in real life no one would have any respect for me.

• Nope. I'm a douche online AND in real life. Perhaps the only difference is that in real life I'm funny.

• my personality just shines through no matter where I am.

• I'm the same guy in real life that I am online...

• it does differ, yes.

What Girls Said 10

• Only a little. My online personality is more silly and irreverent.

• I think I'm pretty much the same.I give my opinion when asked,however I make sure to say it in a way as to where it can received by the other person or at least thought about. That's me in everyday life pretty much.

• I'm more outgoing and obnoxious depending on what site I am. Mostly because I could do whatever I wanted and no one would know who I was.

• Yes.

On here I'm a bitch,"rude," "mean," unsympathetic,and mean.

In real life I'm only a bitch when someone is disrespectful to me,but I'm actually really sarcastic,i'm really mature(as I constantly get told irl),I'm shy around people I don't know,but outgoing around people I do know,I love socializing,very respectful.

Other than that it isn't like I create an online identity for myself,I won't lie about who I am or what I look like or myself.

• I'm pretty much the same online as offline, though I tend to be more open about admitting my fears or desires when I'm online because it's more of a I won't be judged for it kind of vibe, and it's therapeutic.

• I'm nicer online for sure. I mean I'm only a bitch if someone is being disrespectful in real life. But I come off as being rude in real life without meaning to, I'm honestly a very nice person though. Online, I seem like a slut, but honestly a haven't had sex in about 2 years. Not because I can' t get it, but I'm waiting for awhile. I'm so more sarcastic in real life.

• I'm a great deal more outgoing online than off. I can express myself a lot better when I write than when I speak. In real life, I'm more quiet and shy. I also have a very dry sense of humor offline..

• ...No not really. Except the fact that I'm more introverted and sarcastic in real life.Sarcasm isn't easily transferred through internet even though I do it sometimes.

• I'm more horny online.

• Yes. Sometimes I'm more harsh online