Guys, would you date an ugly girl?

Guys would you date an ugly girl? If you thought she was funny and sweet and smart but she was ugly would you still date her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Would I? I can say I would and sound like a great guy or I could be a little more honest and say no.

What I really think is that people truly want to find someone they genuinely like: personality, humor, intelligence all that. But most people don't really take the time to get to know someone, to save time and energy, we go on something simple and quick...which is looks. The better looking I think someone is the more time I initially spend to get to know them, I (most likely along with others) give the better looking girl more wiggle room. Meaning, I convince myself she is a cool girl even if she isn't because I want her to be.

Is it about looks, No. Not when it comes to a substantial relationship, looks fade but the couple that can hold onto to something deeper, you may or may not have meant this with your question, but to be completely honest with you I hope you know that you are not ugly. I can't say anything about your personality but I really hope you are not misconceived by society and feel like you are.

What Guys Said 8

• I fear a simple yes/no answer would be misleading. No, I wouldn't date a girl that I'd consider to be ugly, but pretty/ugly is not some absolute standard in this case. For example it has happened several times that I first see some girl that I did not find particularly attractive physically, but when I get to meet her and get to know her for a few minutes, and find that she is attractive personality-wise, then she also starts looking more attractive to me physically. I stop noticing the things that are 'ugly' and start noticing the things that are pretty. Flaws get reclassified as 'cute' or 'interesting'.

• I don't know... really...

I guess it depends on "how ugly" the girl is and what kind of "ugliness" you're talking about

Because if she doesn't have a nice face, but still have a nice body, I wouldn't care

And if the girl is not "hot", but is cute, I'd date her.. no problem

• I met a girl I thought was ugly at college and she had a really great personality. Now I'm like super into her I think she's the most beautiful girl on campus. Personality is 100x more powerful than looks. altho girls less attractive have to show their personality off because its not like you can tell otherwise. This girl messaged me after orientation and in about a month I was really into her.

• To be honest no, there has to be some sort of physical attraction along with personality compatibility. Have to say though hope your not asking this about your self, looking at your profile pic. You seem to be pretty.

• I wouldn't mind dating you! but ugly I don't think so

• If I thought she was ugly? Definately not.

• No way, looks are way to important. Personality can't compensate everything.

• Yes. Some guys care more about her and how she is, than how she looks. I might think that a girl's hot, but, for me at least, that's not enough to date her, or have a relationship on. She needs to have substance, and funny, sweet and smart sounds pretty good to me.

What Girls Said 0