Do girls prefer Hot Topic guys or Hollister guys?

I'm just wondering. Girls do you prefer hot topic guys with skinny jeans and long hair or hollister guys with the more preppy look.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like both. If I HAD to choose ONLY based on looks, I would probably pick the hollister guy. But I think in real life I'm more drawn to the Hot Topic guy because he seems more interesting or creative.

As an ideal, though, I might pick the Levi's guy or the Old Navy guy...I wouldn't mind the American Eagle, Abercrombie, or Heritage guy either tho...

I'm not really into hipsters, so I probably wouldn't really go for the Urban Outfitters guy.

As far as types go, I think I'm most attracted to the hippie/cowboy combo. I don't know where they shop though haha.

What Girls Said 19

• Ugh, neither. The Hollister look is way too widespread and boring, the Hot Topic look is adopted by many posers and looks like they are trying too hard. Having a few things from each store is not bad, but when your whole wardrobe is from there and all your clothes just scream "Hollister" or "Abercrombie" then it just annoys me.

I would probably prefer an Urban Outfitters guy though, haha. ;)

• Neither one. Hollister guys and Hot Topic guys lack individuality. I like the kind of guy that is his own person with his own style. Heck, he doesn't even need much style either. Just nice hair and good hygiene. Guys in skinny jeans= gay in most girls minds. Long hair is nice though as long as it is well-kept and not greasy. Hollister is just...ugh. That store is waaay overpriced and smells like feet. When I see a guy in Hollister, it's an immediate turnoff because it's like saying "hey, I paid a company to be their walking billboard and am totally insecure".

• I prefer a guy who dresses how he wants no matter what anyone thinks of him including girls.

If a girl is worth it, she won't care how you dress

• I'm not sure I prefer eitherrr. I like guys who wear regular jeans and a cool shirt and have regular length hair I guess. but if I had to chooseeee only 1, it would definitely be the hot topic guy :]no offense to anyone! :P

• haha American Eagle guy...somewhere in between just simple and laid back is nice. If I had to choose, I would pick the preppy guy...

• Hot topic guy - poser ---so no

Hollister guy - kind of a prep poser --- so no

Neither.

• Hollister, guy all the way

• Neither, I prefer a guy with individuality but if I had to choose I would choose the Hollister guy.

I prefer a guy dressing clean, and well dress. I'm not a fan of guys wearing tight clothing.

• depends.

i prefer the nice ones in whatever clothes they threw on that day.

• Don't like either, but I prefer hollister guys I guess. I think emo boys are too girly...

• A guy who has his own style...but if I had to choose out of those two,preppy

• Hot topic guy.

• you can't really go wrong with Urban Outfitters.

• hot topic or urban outfitters I suppose. but usually I go for the guy and not the store... :]

• neither

• i say like an anchor blue guy

• I love guys in khakis and polors, or a button up shirt. It looks so put together and cute :) so def Hollister

• the preppy look

• It depends on what kind of girl it is and what kind of taste she has. To some it doesn't matter. They could like both. To others it would matter and they might only like one of those options.

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't worry too much what clique you fit into. A girl will either like you or not like you, there's not much you can do to change the opinion of another person. Just do what you do.

• Hot topic doesn't = skinny jeans and long hair

Hot Topic = skintight jeans, posers, emos, pop-punk groupies, and insecure people.

I am somehwat close to a large group of people that shop there religiously

• Hot topic is for people 18 and under IMO.