How soon is too soon?

So.it's been about 3 months since the exodus of yet another failed relationship. Anyway, I was just wondering if it's too soon to be seeing anyone now. To be honest, I haven't really thought about it 'til now. What do you guys and gals think? How do you muster up the courage to get back into the dating scene again? I just don't want to find a guy and then go through the same thing in the next few months. How soon do you normally date after a breakup?

Most Helpful Girl

• Good question. I just got out of a relationship about two months ago and I am asking myself the same question. Since I broke up with my ex I have just been hooking up with guys that I don't really care about. I don't like the feeling afterwards but it seems to be a new couping mechanism that I have seemed to pick up since I broke up with ym ex. I think I am starting to wish I had another really good relationship. I know that right after I broke up with my ex I said that I wouldn't get into a relationship for a long time but the times you get f***ed over by some guy makes you wich you were in a relationship where you aren't f***ed over.well until its over. But I guess.ask yourself this.What do I want? Do you want a relationship right now? OR do you wanna just f*** around and be single. Being single or with someone are both hard its just which pros and cons are you willing to take? Dating it fun. Try to date and make sure you tell yourself you are not trying to get into anything to serious fast. You know? take it slow.

What Guys Said 1

• To me, breaking up just lets me explore more personalities, and get to know more people, so no not too soon, kind of depends how serious it was, but hell date someone new!

• I highly don't doubt that he'd be waiting around for me as he was the one who pretty much just went AWAL and I had to figure out on my own that it was over. needless to say I'm not really sure if I want to start dating as I'm having a hard time figuring out what I want in a relationship anymore. I mean, after so many breakups with different guys, I just wonder what the point is anymore.

What Girls Said 2

• I wait until I'm able to FULLY see things for what they are and not what I WANT them to be. Sometimes we jump back into things before we are ready and because we're still ''vulnerable'' we are put ourselves into compromising situations. After I break up with someone I usually give myself a few months to get reacquainted with who I was before I entered couple dom. However when you start dating is completely up to you and how comfortable you are making that transition back onto the dating scene. If your ready go out with some female friends or go out by yourself. The thing is you don't have to JUMP right back into anything . There is nothing wrong with being ALONE , but you can casually date.

• I think if you're perfectly fine with being single then don't shove yourself out there to fast. Just enjoy being yourself and maybe keep a look out. Maybe see if any guys come to you.