Guys who like video games...?

Well, my boyfriend always thought it was awesome that I'm a girl who's into video games, but he's not so good at handling losing in video games when I happen to beat him. He doesn't burst out into anger over it, but he still kind of overreacts a little bit when he loses, and I start feeling bad about my victory. He wins quite often when we play video games together, because he plays a ton of them, and I always am happy for him when he wins, but because of the way he reacts when I win, I feel like I can't really enjoy it and I start feeling a bit sorry. So, my question is, would most guys who love video games react this way if their girlfriend beat them at a game?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey miss desirae :)

To be honest, in the past I would have reacted out of frustration: "Cheater!" and then I would have been more competitive.. But after viewing your question, I think it would be more fun for me to mess with her while we played.. In a playful sense..

Something I absolutely loved, was when my girlfriend squeezed in between my legs and the controller while saying: "Giveeee meee attentionnnn".. in a really cute voice.. I almost fell off my chair laughing and then I kissed her uncontrollably for a while.. Best time of my life.

You see - sometimes we take things so personally, like we don't feel involved because the way someone reacts..similar to how you are currently feeling.. But if you step back and realize that he's dating you, that he's yours.. it really doesn't matter? I mean, you could turn it whatever way - you could playfully mess with him, you could do the storyline I spoke above about me and my lady, or you could invent something completely new.. It's all in the creativity of your own mind. One thing I definately recommend though, is to not take it personally, although I know that's not easy.

My way of doing so - is by realizing that my world is solely mine, and their world is solely theirs.. Meaning, whatever feelings I have - they cannot control or manipulate - they are from my interpretations and from my feelings, I can choose how to control them. And vice versa for their world. I can control my feelings to an extent that I feel involved even during bad times like that; sometimes it's not perfect, but I can make it work for the best.

I hope it makes sense, it's hard to explain

~ ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 6

• I play video games with my girlfriend often, she only plays smash brothers and mario kart. I don't really get mad when she wins because I just play video games for fun. I like beating her so I can run it in her face though :) and make fun of her.

• No. It would just make me try harder or practice more. Being competitive with my own Girlfriend would be really fun. That is if we want to be competitive I can tell the difference between just fun and if each of us wanting to really win.

• For me it doesn't matter if I lose to a girl. When I was younger I overreacted to girls betting me.

• I'd be turned on if a girl beats me in video gams.

• It would not matter.

• Some people are just terrible at controlling themselves but to answer your question no I would not react that way.

"You're either a pro or a noob, that's life."

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend becomes more competitive when I beat him, but it doesn't bother him---its a playful kind of competitiveness.