My first kiss went a little like this...no, my first kiss still doesn't exist?

Haha. I like the title. :) Anyways, I am a freshmen and still haven't kissed anyone yet. (I'm a straight girl, just in case you were wondering) and I know don't rush it, you're time will come, etc. I am not asking why, but how. Like, a real kiss. No tongues, but on the lips. Please don't say "Let it go naturally" because I have no idea what naturally even is in the kissing world. So, any tips, warnings, steps, etc? That would be helpful. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry about the age. I didn't have my first kiss until my junior year (LAST year) and that was with my current boyfriend. And really, I mean you kind of just press your lips against his. That's about as basic as it can get. For a first kiss, there's no technique. They're MEANT to be crazy and awkward and messed up in some way or another. Mine involved him kissing my NOSE the first time and he was so embarassed he didn't even attempt anything for another week. (But I assumed he kissed my nose on purpose... haha) and that wasn't even his first kiss. so really, unfortunately "let it go naturally" is the best advice, because you're GOING to screw up, THATS why its the first one. over time you kind of just pick up ways to do fancy little tricks (read seventeen magazine, cosmopolitan, etc. but cosmo is for more intense sex stuff, not just kissing). But if you REALLY don't want to hear that it just naturally happens, basically if you ever get a chance we're you're close enough to them, face to face, just lean towards them and kinda... press your lips to his. DO NOT PUCKER YOUR LIPS THOUGH. that just seems weird. haha. relaxed, definitely. or even better, have HIM make the first move. hint at it by like looking into his eyes, gazing there, and then glance at his lips. lick your lips. and repeat. they usually catch that hint pretty fast. haha.

What Guys Said 1

• I find this question so ironic because I am in the same position! Freshman guy, never kissed anyone! It's always weird as a guy because in the locker room they always talk about the last girl they slept with, but there's nothing more attractive to me than a girl who has never kissed anyone! I want my first to be mutual between us. For it to be a new experience for both of us! So don't worry, there's no pressure because a lot if guys find it really cute! Don't rush it!

• Same here. Girls will be like "I was laying on him...blah blah" And I'm over here and I've never even had a boyfriend before. :'-P Blehh

What Girls Said 2

• Look, you are ONLY like 13? 14? I know it might seem like a huge deal that you haven't been kissed yet because in the movies boys are all super sweet and you have your first kiss by like the age of 8. Unfortunately, Hollywood got it all wrong. A lot of my friends, myself included, did not have their first kiss until like junior or senior year of high school. I'm in college now and I know a lot of girls who have never kissed a guy. Trust me, these girls are pretty, like if you saw them you would be surprised that they hadn't but just don't sweat it. It will happen and when it does it won't be as great as you're expecting, my first kiss...I had to clean myself up a bit after he was done because he was a tad slobbery...

• Haha. OK. I'm 14 1/2ish.

• I am a sophomore now amd I just recently got my first kiss this year, over the summer, and believe me, its worth waiting. I was one of the girls who thought id never get a kiss, and thought id never get a boyfriend, and thought no one would ever like me. But now, I have had an amazing boyfriend for 4 months now. You just gotta find someone special. Believe me, a first kiss is never perfect, and you should never expect it to be. I know it sounds totally cleshay saying this, but seriously, just wait till it happens. Just wait till you find someone who is worth sharing a kiss with. It will be that much more amazing if it is with someone special. And there is someone out there for everyone. They might not live in the same town as you, or be in the same grade as you, or go to the same school as you. My boyfriend is a grade above me and lives in the town over.

My first kiss, although it was special, wasn't the best. It was a quick, somewhat awkward, peck on the lips, as a goodbye. But as time went on, the kisses started getting longer, and more involved, and much much MUCH better.

But really, just wait for someone who you trust and want to kiss ;)

• Thanks. I am still waiting, hoping Mr. Right will come. It's just that a lot of people I know got their first kiss in 7th grade, my mother included. And here I am in 9th grade without even a date before. It's pathetic. :P