Would most girls date a guy the same height as them?

As long as he's cute and nice? Or is that a deal breaker for most girls to have the guy around the same height?

Most Helpful Girl

• The more mature anyone becomes the more likely they are to recognize that the physical doesn't matter. Traditionally, in most all media outlets, the ideal guy is taller, masculine, with shiney-nice hair. Younger girls (and guys) with not-as-much experience in the world really only have the media to go off of, which is why I think gender relations in general are severely skewed. If there's ever an issue with height, it stems from a lack of maturity. I don't think most women have a problem with it.

• Actually girls my age do have a problem with it..... :(

• Well then you're not hanging around the right girls. If they're letting a little thing like height get in the way, then their not worth your time. The superficial is fleeting, and your height is serving to help you weed out those woman who care about things that don't matter. You are better off without them, your height is a blessing.

What Girls Said 5

• Not really. It's sometimes nice if there is a bit of difference in height, but if she likes you, then it really shouldn't matter :-]

• It's a dealbreaker for me as I'm barely 5'2''.

• Girls that are around that height are waaaay hotter than tall girls. I actually have sort of crush going on for a girl that's like 4'11 or 5 feet tall. I think it's extremely sexy!

• i perfer guys to be taller than me because it looks more attractive and feel more safe...a guy the same height as me is good to but its not really the same as a tall one

• yes.

• Height is a large thing I love but say you make me laugh, the height requirement is lower. Sense of humor is funnier.

What Guys Said 2

• girls want a guy that is taller than her and guys want a girl that is shorter than him its interpersonal attraction

if you thought a girl was super hot but 7 feet tall would you date her?

• You can't say it as a general rule that everyone prefers shorter girls. I, for one, originally didn't. I am not sure about it now - all the influences saying "girls don't like guys of the same height" really messes with my "ideal image" and preference. So now I don't know.. Generally, I preferred girls of the same height...

Anyways, if she found me attractive and I found her attractive, then there wouldn't be a problem with it, as long as she didn't mind the height difference.

• I am 5'9" and the first girl I ever had a real sexual relationship with was 6'3". Blond, big boobs, long hair, light skin and she blushed all the time so her cheeks got really bright red. I knew her from 3rd grade practically and no guys ever asked her out except a basketball player because of her height. I have a feeling I'm in the minority though.

• Well attraction is not exact science so it is possible just not very likely for most people with the height thing

• My experience has been that four out of five times it's a deal breaker. Don't worry about it and just move on, I wouldn't want to be with someone that shallow anyways.