Why does a female give you her number then when you call
they don't answer the phone but know it's you and then start texting long paragraphs trying to spark a conversation through text instead of just calling you back to talk.
Most Helpful Guy
Good question. Some women do this now a days because:
1. There is an incredible overuse of texting going on generally.
- a complicated issue in its own right with many contributing factors (lack of appreciation for traditional courtship process, the dehumanizing effect of over-technologizing one's personal interactions, the increasing tendency to multi-task, not really thinking about the importance of picking the appropriate method of communication, etc.)
2. They may be somewhere where it would be inappropriate to talk on the phone (class, family dinner, restaurant, movie, etc.) but they still want to stay in touch
3. They feel "safe" with texting (or facebook messaging, aim, etc.) because it allows them time to think before responding.
I myself recently called a girl I had met to set up a date, and she didn't pick up but rather responded with a text. She actually said "I prefer texting, whatsup?" (paraphrase) After a little back and forth I said "I've never tried setting up a date with just my thumbs before."
Personally, if a girl wants to text but not talk, then I doubt whether anything will come to fruition. Another thing that annoys me is when the other person only half-commits to the date: click the link to read -> link
- Evan | link | Dating Advice0