Why do most females text you instead of calling you?

Why does a female give you her number then when you call

they don't answer the phone but know it's you and then start texting long paragraphs trying to spark a conversation through text instead of just calling you back to talk.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey 2tothesky,

Good question. Some women do this now a days because:

1. There is an incredible overuse of texting going on generally.

- a complicated issue in its own right with many contributing factors (lack of appreciation for traditional courtship process, the dehumanizing effect of over-technologizing one's personal interactions, the increasing tendency to multi-task, not really thinking about the importance of picking the appropriate method of communication, etc.)

2. They may be somewhere where it would be inappropriate to talk on the phone (class, family dinner, restaurant, movie, etc.) but they still want to stay in touch

3. They feel "safe" with texting (or facebook messaging, aim, etc.) because it allows them time to think before responding.

I myself recently called a girl I had met to set up a date, and she didn't pick up but rather responded with a text. She actually said "I prefer texting, whatsup?" (paraphrase) After a little back and forth I said "I've never tried setting up a date with just my thumbs before."

Personally, if a girl wants to text but not talk, then I doubt whether anything will come to fruition. Another thing that annoys me is when the other person only half-commits to the date: click the link to read -> link

Best

- Evan | link | Dating Advice

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe they are nervous about talking on the phone.

Sometimes phone conversations get really awkward when you run out of things to say, especially if the girl really likes they guy, she tends to be a bit more shy, than if she were around other guys.

Text her back, and maybe organise a time when you can go out together, and if that goes well, maybe she will warm up to chatting with you on the phone.

• I don't like talking on the phone period. Texting is more relaxed.

• Ew, that's one thing about texting, I find having a live conversation is more at heart then reading an unemotional text. But every girl has their reasons, if they are bold enough or nervous and shy.

• i always call. I hardly ever text.

What Guys Said 3

• Because our generation has grown a bunch of wimps and weasels - They either do it to avoid their true boyfriend from finding out (or girlfriend); or they do it because they don't have the backbone to talk in person..

In the honest case (fair to common situations) - they are truly busy at work/school/etc and don't have the time to speak over the phone.

~ ArtistBBoy

• that must a select group of girls man. I've talked to a good amount of girls, and I don't think I've known anyone who does that. only thing I can think of is maybe they find it easier to continue a conversation in text compared to sitting on the phone trying to figure out what to say next

• It seems to be the "it" thing these days. I miss the days of chatting on the phone.