How do you feel about texting?

Okay, so am I the only person who hates texting as a main line to communicate? I have read so many questions posted on here where someone will say that talk a lot/text. If you are texting, you are not talking! It's easy to see how people could get confused over a text someone sends because there is no emotion in it. It's not like being able to hear the tone in someone's voice over the phone that helps determine whether they are joking or serious about something said. I don't get it. Any other opinions on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• i enjoy texting when I've got something really short to tell someone. like if I needed to tell someone I just got in town, id probably text instead of call. now when it comes down to texting a full blown conversation, that's just weird. its kind of changing the whole way we converse as a whole in society. even my parents are texting me now...

What Guys Said 1

• while I understand your feelings behind this and I share many of them as well I feel it takes meaning out of the words. One thing I feel is that it takes pressure out of the situation I get nervous around girls so texting would be easier.

What Girls Said 1

• Personally, I have always hated talking on the phone for as long as I can remember. I prefer to communicate in a written format because its easier for me to get out what I need to say. That's why I like texting people more than just talking to them on the phone. Before texting I preferred email or IMing. Besides, you can usually tell if someone is joking based on the context of what they are saying.