When to start dating again?

So my ex and I broke up finally, it's been about 2 weeks. I have an insane crush on my friend Justin, who let me go and hang out at his house this past friday. We played bits of Dante's Inferno together, then went to his room and talked while lying down on his bed. I ended up curling myself into his body and felt really safe and comfortable with him, more so when he wrapped his arms around me. We ended up kissing and I'm very confused.

How soon is too soon to start dating again? I don't want Justin to just be a rebound, but I'm not 100% that he likes me in that way or how to continue with the whole situation. He's been in my thoughts these past few days and I feel like I'm going insane.

What should I do?

What Guys Said 1

• You can start dating whenever you want. You make your own decision.

What Girls Said 1

• It would be a good idea to make sure you are ready emotionally before you start dating again. I don't know when your crush on your friend started, and it is hard not to want to pursue things with a crush who actually makes a move toward you because I am sure you must have thought about how nice it would be to get together with him, but your confusion could result in hurt feelings on either or both sides of this. If he is a good friend to you then it should be okay to talk to him about what happened between the two of you. Tell him how you feel about not being 100% sure he likes you in that way, and depending upon how he answers you then go from there depending on what you really want with him. Crushes are difficult to sort from the feeling of being in love sometimes so just be careful. I am not saying that your crush could not end up as a love, but maybe you should sort out what's in your heart before you continue with him, or dating in general really. You need to know where your feelings settle on your ex and what you want first.