Rebounding!!! Is it a do or a don't?

Just wanted to know your guys' thoughts on rebounding. Is it a good idea, does it work? Also, who should the person be - a complete stranger, a good friend? Me and my friend were having a discussion about it last night and thinking of "rebound rules" that must be applied if you decide to rebound. Like for example rule #1 - never fall for the mark. Just wanted to know your guys' thoughts and any entertaining rebound stories you all might have.

Most Helpful Guy

• personally I see nothing wrong with rebounds except if the person is still emotionally tied to the ex . the main reason I see for the rebound person is to get over the ex have fun and get to know them. if one goes into something like that with plans to vacate their lives if something better comes along or the ex wants to get back together. what have you done to the person your dating that's the rebound person. read your #1 rule they are a mark (not even a person with feelings) question reverse the situation your the mark how do you think you'd feel if it happened to you.? if rule #1 is an example of what you think a rebound person is for then it be better for them if they never knew you . no one deserves that kind of treatment . in a way its a cruel form of punishment to someone that was trying to love you .

if you go into something like that at least let the individual know before hand and let them decide if they want to enter into a relationship on those terms. question would you enter something like that. if the answer is no why do it to someone else.

What Guys Said 4

• As long as you are rebounding for the right reasons then it's a great thing. Some people sit and always think about their ex and do nothing, be negative, and don't give the opposite sex a chance and that's bad. Then there is getting back out there, having fun, and finding someone to be with. There are always dangers with dating. There are people that don't want to get serious, people that want one night stands, people that just date casually and so on. Most of the time those people aren't even rebounding, it's just the way they are and the way they want to be. It's all about you doing what you want to do and having a good time. Just don't go into a rebound and always think about your ex or secretly want your ex back. Moving on is moving forward. There are some rebounds that turn into long relationships. It just depends on the person.

• I'm in that situation where after six months I finally realized I had used him to make me feel better but I didn't even realize it.. now I really hope this relationship works

• rebounding can either be a really good thing for you or a really horrible thing. just depends on how yur relationship ended and how you felt after it was over. and sometimes rebounds can end up hurting you more in the long run because all you do is sit there and dwell on yur ex. and that's not healthy sitting around thinking about yur ex

• do

• if you think rebounding is OK then your a sick ________. Rebounding is basicly runing back to your ex or someone new and using them to make yourself feel better. My Ex did that to me. we were engaged she broke my heart and then rebounded to me after her new Boyfriend that I never knew about screwed her over. She promised me everything and acted like she finaly wanted to stop the bs. after 3.5 weeks of her buttering me up she cuts off contact and ditches me.

What Girls Said 2

• i don't really think its fair and it's more likely to end badly, unless the person knows that they are a rebound..then I guess it's cool, since they're probably not expect anything "serious"...but I don't think I would ever do it...

• I don't think rebounding is fair in any way, shape, or form.

And it seems to never work. And your number one rule, is the biggest rule to most likely be broken.

• In a lot of cases its fair because the person knows theyre a rebound and they agree to it aka casual dating with no commitment. I've rebounded before and not fallen for the person. In that situation it turned out that we were both each others rebounds.

• I agree with britni86 because I went into a relationship with a girl who was on the rebound and she didn't tell me and I fell in love with her and I thought it was a real relationship but she ended up getting back with her ex when he found out about me. The feeling is just awful to find out you are with someone who was thinking about somone else the whole time especially if you are in love. But yeah I think just make sure the guy knows what the situation is.

• Alright. Well I'm glad it works for youu.

I just personally can't do it.