Girlfriend broke up with me, but called me back an hour later, and she still not sure?

She and I did not date long. 4 months with a break the last 2 weeks before she sent a text saying its done where I responded with OK. Because if she doesn't want to be with me that's fine. But she called back an hour later but I couldn't talk at the time and I was very confused as to why she called me. she called me a few hours later very mad when I asked why she said she was upset with the way I spoke to her. Well I was confused I thought she wanted a break up but she callin me so quickly. She said she wasn't sure if she made the right choice. I was glad to hear it but I told her I can wait for you to figure it out. My plan was to let her tell me when she was ready to talk. But she has called me almost everyday to tell me how much she has been partying seemed like she is trying to get a rise out of me, which I haven't because its not my business since she's not my girlfriend. Yet she keeps tabs on me and asks me to be good, which I assume means don't see anyone else. This has been going on for 2 weeks. At times she tells me she misses me, but mostly the conversations are superficial and she just tells me how much fun she is having. At this point I am set on continuing to hold my ground and let her figure it out. But I'm worried she thinks I'm not just getting on with my life but MOVING ON which I'm not. I am happy to wait for her decision. Its just hard because she doesn't call to talk about the relationship just to talk. Should I just let it play out, do I ignore her, or do I reiterate once more where I stand then ignore or continue to take her phone calls?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm astounded. You're level headed and handling this really well compared to other guys.

But she's the exact opposite of you. She is obsessed with drama and it's completely obvious. She wants to make you jealous, angry, whatever; and any girl who WANTS a guy to feel those emotions is obviously not worthy of anyone's time and attention. By showing off and telling you how much fun she's having, it's apparent she is much too immature to carry on a real relationship.

I suggest you stop waiting for her to make a decision and run away from her before these problems turn into bigger ones. Trust me, this is the kind of girl who will break up with you countless times just to try to get a rise out of you. And that's probably not the kind of relationship you want.

You can find a better girl. One who won't play mindgames with you. One who wants you to be just as happy as she is (or pretends to be, in this case). One who is mature enough to be clear with you instead of stringing you along 'till God knows when.

What Girls Said 6

• Don't waste your time on her, she is obviously saying she's having fun to make you jealous but I see that isn't working, good on you, she jsut sounds like she doesn't know what she wants and you can do better that that, just don't wait for her, it's up to her now and if she is sitll playing these silly little games after a month then just don't even bother with her, she is really immature about it all, for sure you can do much much better. If she texts you again just say it's really not your choice to make and your not going to wait for her if she can't decide, it's up to her but whatever if she cant, not your problem, just cut to the chase and tell her to cut the crap and that if she really wanted you she wouldn't of broke up with you, she's definitely just stringing you along here. Tell her make her mind up or your gone, simple as that.

• Unfortunately many people aren't as level headed as you so they tend to show more emotion in their responses...which means they sometimes respond without thinking.

It's impossible to say if she really wants to get back together or if she just wants you to want her so she can turn you down and feel superior. (Sick I know but there are some like that.)

I'd suggest asking her some questions to get her to talk about the real reason she called. Ask her why she wants you to "be good" if she wanted to break up with you. Ask her why she calls if she's so busy having fun. Ask her if she's mad her decision. The one you're waiting for.

If she will realize that you're NOT heartless you just will not allow yourself to be drug around emotionally perhaps she'll realize that your lack of an emotional meltdown is not a reflection of how much you love or don't love her, it's just the way you operate.

• I think you should start ignoring her. She's kind of...stringing you along. Maybe she knows you are very patient and she's taking advantage of that by staying in your life in a very superficial way and trying to control your behavior so that you can't fully move on.

• Well in my oppinions she just doesn't want to let go of you and I'd just let her do what she want but if I was you I go and see other people she can't keep you pined up like this

• She wants to make you jealous and wants you to be the one to crawl back to her...at least it sounds like that

• omg can't you see ...she wants you to care ...she wants you to show sum sighn of jelousy that she is going out ...us girls are complicated but all need a man who is a little jelouse and cares what we are up to ...thats probably y she ain't getting back with you yet because you ain't man enough for her yet ...cmon man show her you care !

• I 100% agree with this person. She is trying to make you jealous just to see if you really care about her. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my guess is that around the time that she broke up with you, she was probably commenting how you don't pay enough attention to her or you guys were drifting apart a bit. If you want to be with her, just tell her that she has to trust that you do want her and that she has to stop trying to make you jealous.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm sorry but the comment the last girl made is complete boll-ocks. Don't show her you care.

She broke up with you remember!

Why should you be the one begging and pleading when she dumped you?

Just ignore her. Don't answer her phone calls or reply to her texts for a couple of days. When you speak to her after that, make it clear that you don't care what she is up to or how much fun she is having. Just ask her for a strait answer and if she can't give it to you then take it as a no.

Your way too good for this girl and you know it.