Dating your step-cousin?

alrighty, where do I begin?...

My mom is with this guy (they have been together for about 4 years now, and are not married).

Now, my step-dad as I call him, not through marriage though,(not married to my mother) has his mom. His mom has an ADOPTED brother, who has a son, who I am very very VERY much into. Technically speaking he is my step dads cousin, therefore making him MY step-cousin. BUT, he isn't even really related to my step-dad, as his dad and my step-dad's mom (step-grandma) are both adopted. Absolutely ZERO blood relation.

Would it be wrong to date him, my step cousin? The circumstances are different even here, without any blood. I mean, even if there were, if there had been no adoption whatsoever, would it really be wrong to date a step-cousin. I don't see any ethical or moral issues at all. In my opinion, incest is not present, as it would be through marriage, as no real relatives exist. They might as well be some random person you met at the grocery store, ya know?

let's chop it down to:

no blood relation to my step dad

no blood relation to me

no marriage, between my mom and (step-dad)

Regardless, give me your opinions, your very honest ones. I would like to hear what you think about this situation.

Thank you, in advance. :)

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I am going through a very similar problem. I'm adopted and my aunt (who I live with while my career is getting started) has a live in boyfriend. He has a daughter. We have became super close. None of the families know about it. As we both know her dad would kill me (literally).

My suggestion. Don't. I have fallen in love with my soon to be adopted step cousin. Our relationship is great when no one is around but the secrecy is killing us. The thought "what if they find out" haunts every moment.

Stop before it's too late. It'll be less painful.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• In my opinion, as there is no blood / genetic link between the two of you I agree there are no ethical/moral issues with your situation...but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be issues, depending on the views of the family in-between things could still make a relationship untenable.

• I'm going through kinda what you're going through. I met my step cousin this Thanksgiving, at first we just hung out a bit with her brothers, but when we all had to leave she asked for my KIK. And afterwards we talked and found we had an attraction to one another. Come to find out we have almost everything in common. We have both fallen in love and I know she isn't joking about it cuz when I looked up if we being together was illegal and it said no I was happy, but when I told her she almost had a heart attack from happiness. But we do have to keep it secret, but just know that it is possible to get married and no matter what the public or your family thinks, you're happiness is more important than morality.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope. Even if you were related by blood, the huge gap between your line and his line would be so big that you practically wouldn't even be related, therefore, there is no problem at all. Of course, I know other people disagree, but I don't give a shit.

• The exact same thing is happening to me. My parent got married yesterday! It was really fun but i think i like my new step-moms cousin. Where both 13

• If you are still in this relationship and haven't told your family yet, I am doing a show I think you might be right for. I am a casting producer and if you get casted for the show there is a big reward. Please contact me at secretromancecast@gmail. com