Does lunch count as a first date in this case?

I met a Korean girl recently at a school club at college. We talked for a while after the club ended and we got along pretty well. I asked for her Facebook and she decided to text it to me (thus giving me her number as well). When I sent her a message on Facebook the next day hoping we could meet again soon she responded "Sure! You got my number right?"

So I decided to call her a couple days later. She didn't answer at first, so I left a message and she called back an hour later. She was very giggly in our conversation, more than I remember her being in person. Towards the end of the call, I told her about how I've been trying many different kinds of country's food recently, but hadn't gotten around to Korean yet. She said "Oh, we should go!" and suggested us going to a Korean restaurant near the university. Her weekend is jammed packed already (next time I should probably call earlier than Thursday night), so she told me lunch on Monday would be good and we scheduled for then.

The typical first meal date is dinner so that makes me a bit unsure. Does this count as a date or just a friendly outing? If things go well, I plan on "returning the favor" and inviting her to a restaurant I like.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd consider it a date. Unless otherwise noted, it usually is.

What Girls Said 2

• u should really ask 2 get it straight you wouldn't wanna get mixd up

• sounds like a date! definitely! Dinner dates are SO not the only kind of date, don't worry!

What Guys Said 1

• You are doing wonderful job :) Just keep going and have fun.