Dating seems entirely pointless!

I can never get a decent girl interested in me and I don't know why. I'm a pretty decent looking guy, nice, religious, talented, athletic. granted I'm not all that physically fit, but I'm not fat either.

but I look around and see how people date for a fun few months tops or so, until they're tired of them, then girls complain about their jerk boyfriends and such, and its like there's a really easy fix and that's not to go out with the jerk and go out with the good guy. but we're never good enough of them for some reason... when in reality, a lot of times, we're just as good looking, and will treat them a lot better, and have a whole lot more going for us. it seems like a no-brainer. I mean, muscles and tats and the jerk/frat boy lifestyle? is that really all that matters to girls? please... :/

I don't mean to be judgmental or anything but for real, I'm a bit beyond that in terms of a quality person to get to know and associate with on a "more than friend" level... I'm cool with lots of people like that and yes, they're fun and nice people a lot of the time, but there's a lot of negative things about them as well that shouldn't be overlooked if you just think about it... I just try to be everything a girl could want, and its never enough, then girls just look for someone they can complain about and dump in the next 3 months.

so when do I start to have some success with the opposite sex? I'd love to get married and have kids one day, and love to have a beautiful wife, but I'm obviously not all that attractive if girls don't seem to think twice about me or see the good in me.

What Girls Said 1

• Hey, I feel you.

I'm 20 and I want to date so I can find my husband. But I'm not going to be with someone just to be with someone. I want to know ahead of time that the relationship will last and not end immediately. I have been told by guys that I am "wife material" but guys my age don't want a wife just yet. Based on what you said, you seem to be husband material and you'd make a good and committed boyfriend. There are a few girls your age looking for that, but not all are.. so try and weed out the ones that aren't and focus on the ones that are. Best of luck, you seem genuine and when a nice girl does fall your sure she won't let go.

• Im also 20... and yeah I've never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl. and I just long for a bit of romance in my life. and its like whenever I see a pretty girl and I actually feel attracted to her (which is almost never... to actually BE attracted to HER) its like I think "ohh wife material" that's all dating and relationships are to me... its looking for someone to spend your life with, I mean if it doesn't work out, that sucks, but you just gotta follow your heart and pursue the real deal.

• ...and 9 times out of 10, stupid... most people shouldn't even be dating, the ones that are, because it's easy to see that they aren't truly ready for it. then the people that are ready, can never get dates. what a cruel world we live in...

• Hahahha So glad we are on the same page.

What Guys Said 0