How to slow this down?

I've dated this guy for 4 years, but three days ago we split because of many reasons. He didn't trust me enough to tell me the truth when he was getting into bad things; Stealing, drugs and flirting with other girls. I don't remember the last time I was single. I am trying to still be his friend, but I feel he gives me guilt trips every other minute. But besides that it is kinda cool... I don't want to hurt him more than I already have but here is where the problem comes in. This guy I've never really noticed clearly likes me. He asked me out and I said that I think we need to take our time, especially since I am a complete wreck right now. . . But I am feeling guilty because I love how much attention I am getting. Not just by this guy, but there are quite a few others. I also am starting to great around him, and I want to date him. But it is too quick, MUCH too quick I feel like I am on a roller coaster, and I don't know how to slow this down. These feelings, these guys and most of all this guilt. I never saw myself as the bad guy, but knowing that I am not completely "miserable" and that is what he said he feels like, makes me feel like there is something wrong with me...

I feel sick to my stomach knowing me and him are no longer a "us" but , I still feel like I am taking it better than I should be.

Sorry I had so many typos guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone handles break ups different. You may find that you feel worse in a week or so once things start to sink or you may have been preparing for it a while now and won't be a wreck at all. As for being his friend you may have to take a step back for a while and let both of you heal a bit before you try being friends. It might be hard but it will most likely be easier on both of you.

• I guess that is the most logical way to put it.

It is weird one day if feel great, and I have other guys or other things on my mind, but than if something reminds me of him it dawns on me. I guess my way of coping is avoiding, which probably isn't the best idea.

What Guys Said 1

• Sometimes the best way to get over a break up is to get into a relationship again. You get to experience something different. Just don't do it with your dream boy, cause usually rebound relationships don't last too long

What Girls Said 0