We only text and rarely call - is this bad?

I have been dating this girl for a little over a month and things are going really good between us. But for the most part we only text each other. Is this a bad habit we have both gotten into, should I just start calling her instead. I know she is really busy with school/work and I know it is probably more convenient? for her, do most girls prefer texting or calling? Any thoughts?

What Girls Said 2

• I honestly think it's totally fine if you're just texting.. some people just don't like talking on the phone so much, I was with my ex boyfriend for 2 and a half years and we only talked on the phone when either I'd drunk dial him or I had to get ahold of him to plan something out. Other than that, we just texted. It puts a lot less pressure on the relationship and lets it unfold organically instead of forcing conversation at inopportune times (=

As long as you see her regularly, and your relationship isn't solely based on texting, I'm sure you're fine!

Hope that helps (=

• Thank you so much! Yea from the start I noticed she never really talked on the phone that much and always texted her friends..So I figured that's how she likes to do things, but at the same time it does feel a little weird just texting for me. We go out like once a week and we talk A LOT when we are together, so I figured that its fine. Thanks for your reassurance.

• This is probably more a matter of preference of communication. I think it is more personal to pick up the phone and call someone than to send a text. Even if she is busy she would probably still like to hear your voice from time to time.

• Yes I agree. I think she prefers texting, which is why I text her, and yes I do occasionally call her as I too like hear her voice from time to time it just kind of throws me off as most girls I have been with like calling and this is the first texter I have been with. Thanks!

What Guys Said 0