Dating a colleague?

So, I work with quite a nice young man.Thing is he's manager of the department I'm going to be working in (my age though) hands up who would go there and who wouldn't :) I wouldn't make the first move if so...but what are the chances he would? Would it be unprofessional. I know the whole work mate thing can be a sticky situation because if it doesn't work out you still have to see each other all the time.

• Yes I would date a colleague
  • No I wouldn't date a colleague
  • Not if s/he was in management
  • Unsure

Most Helpful Guy

• I highly highly highly doubt he would ever make a move if he's a manager and you're not. Dating a colleague is one thing, a boss asking out a subordinate is another. It'd be a huuuuuuggggeeeee risk for getting slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit.

• Ahhh true didn't even think of that. So should I make the move or am I totally missing the point here? hahaha :D

• If you wanted something to happen I'd pretty much say that you'd have to be the one to make the move, getting slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit would be an awful way to be dismissed from a job, especially at our age range.

• True that. Thanks for your comments :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• if you were 2 break up think of hw awkward it would be

plus he` s manager, if you annoy him or upset he can have you sacked quite easily and then u` d be the 1 looking stupid

DONT DO IT!