Is age just a number?

My friend and I are about ten years apart in age, but we feel very deeply for one another. To me, age IS just a number, but to other people I guess it isn't. We want to get together but I'm afraid people will label him as a pedo or something, which he totally isn't.

So what are your thoughts on age difference? Does it really matter how old you both are if the love is strong?

• Age is just a number, love is more important than years
  • Stay close to your age range..
  • A few years is okay, but nothing too drastic please
Guess I should of mentioned I'll be 18 in about a month xD then I won't be illegal o.O

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're under 18 and dating a guy 10 years older he's just taking advantage of you. Date someone your own age, there will be older guys when you're older, enjoy being a kid while you can. It's illegal for him to have sex with you...that should answer all your questions.

What Guys Said 3

• at your age it's a big issue, but you can wait till 18 and it really won't matter then...play it like the time traveler girl

• if you are just turning 18 then I wouldn't suggest dating someone over the age of 20.

• wow age is a number but after you are 18 and 17 in some jurisdictions...Women can be with younger guys that's fine...but if a man wants a woman say more than 8 years younger he gets labeled pedophile...thats todays world!

What Girls Said 4

• Age in relation to the connection between two people and the develpoment of feelings is truly just a number. Maturity is what really matters. Unfortunately because you are under 18 it is illegal for him to be with you. If he truly cares about you he will wait until you come of age to pursue any kind of serious relationship. Ten years once you come of age is no big deal. Mai parents are 23 years apart and I've dated as much as 17 years older. Once you hit 18 it'll be easier. Just have patience.

• Yay! Then just wait a month and there's no problem. Good luck to you both and just don't let closeminded people's negativity come between you.

• 10 and 20... weird.

35 and 45... not weird.

That's how our society is... everything is subjective.

Some people will respect y'all together, some people won't. Don't let society hold you back from being happy.

Follow your heart.

• if your under 18 and he is ten years older than you, he either is a loser who can't get anyone their own age because they are 1)ugly 2)have an std 3)likes children.

age DOES matter. especially is your under 18.

if you were at least 21, it wouldn't matter.

• This is really kinda stupid. some girls have seen a lot more of life at 18 than others who are 35. it depends on the maturity physically and emotionally.