Does age matter? yes or no

I'm a girl 21. I like is guy but he only 17? I don't know why, but I always dating 1 or 2 years young then me, I really didn't care but should I date him or leave him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually I won't seriously date a girl that is 4 years younger than me, but not because there is anything wrong with it. I often say that she would just have to be a very special girl.

If you like this guy, go for it, and don't think twice about it. :) If he's got your attention, then chances are there's something more mature about him (or maybe you like that he has a younger attitude) and either way there's nothing wrong with it. Generally speaking I wouldn't go lower than 17, because people in that age group change quite a bit from year to year.

• BTW 4 years younger for me is 20, and only because we are at different places in our lives. But like I said, if it's the right girl, to hell with age.

What Guys Said 7

• If YOU and your soon to be boyfriend are okay with it, then why not?

• I wish more women were like you, in the sense of dating younger guys.

• Age doesn't matter as much as maturity does. A 17 year old boy will change a lot when he is in his twenties and may not be the same person you know now in a couple of years. In the U.S. it is illegal for a 21 year old to have sex with a 17 year old.

• I agree but actually (at least where I live) the age of consent for sex is 17. It varies from state to state though.

• if you like him there's nothing wrong w dating a man younger than you. besides a connection is not something that can b measured in numbers. coming from a guy, you can't really b taking advantage of him because if he wants you hell go for it, if he doesn't he wont. I imagine there will b a great deal of fun in it for you as well...being older and more experienced you'll have a lot to teach him but hell learn in a way that pleases you best ;) good luck.

• You would potentially date him or leave him just because the social norms tell you to? if you both don't mind then it's no problem. jeez.

• you dog

• Fml.

What Girls Said 7

• No, age doesn't matter. People only make a big deal of it when one of the two people are still in high school. Which is your case. But I must say, dating older men does have it's emotional benefits. Unlike younger men, older men have been through so much bull crap that they won't cause you the same trouble a 17 year old would.

• If he's mature his age shouldn't matter.

• age is irrelovent! I tend to go for extremes older and younger both! if you have a great connection who cares!?

• age is irrelevant unless it's a crime.

• That's okay.. I don't think that there's a problem with it, as long as the age of consent is 17 in your area.

Also, if you care about him enough, age is just a number. (:

• age is just a number. that's my life motto! my boyfriend is 25 and I'm 16. who cares? we love each other all the same. were not letting a stupid number get in the way!

• I'm glad to see I'm not that only one that has been in a relationship with an age gap similar to this. :]

• Omgg I thought I was to! but I was just like okay I really don't care I mean say what you want because I promise you it won't tear us apart

• it is totally okay, my boyfriend is 18 and I am 20 ..and we are great together