34 year old dating a girl that's not 20 yet?

So I turn 20 in a few months and I met a 34 year guy at my cousin's wedding. The 2 of us were sitting around the same table and we got to know each other a little bit. He seemed very young. At first I thought he was 27. He was very good looking and had a great personality so I wanted to see him again after the wedding. Our married cousin planned a kickback and invited both of us. After seeing each other for awhile, we started to have feelings for each other even with the huge age gap.

A part of me is okay with it because I'm very mature for my age. People always think I'm in my twenties and are pretty surprised when I tell them my real age. The guy acts a bit younger than his age. So maturity wise we seem to be pretty equal. But a part of me thinks it's kind of weird..

Is it weird/gross for 2 people with a big age gap like this to be together?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I've done it but from my perspective the woman grows up a little more and the allure of the older man when at your age wears off. I've had plenty of fun and totally think it's worth it. So if you have feelings for the guy and it's mutual I say go for it!

What Guys Said 2

• I have an uncle who dated a 18 old girl (his daughters friend) that I knew for 6 years and he was 42 when they first started going out. A lot of people gave him crap for it but they made it work for six years. And he was old enough be her dad. A 15 year difference isn't weird at all. Age is just a way of keeping track of how long you have been on earth is all.

• There's nothing gross or wrong about it but it'll give you problems if you try to get into a serious relationship since you both are probably at different stages in your lives. I know several older married couples who have age gaps like that so it can work I just imagine that it's difficult.

What Girls Said 2

• No, it is not weird or gross. If you two hit it off and he treats you well (dates you, shows respect, not just trying to get into your pants), why not date him. Only time will tell whether you have what it takes to go the distance.

I will say that the one killer with an age difference (been there, done that) is the stages of life we go through and how they can conflict. I have dated much younger guys and we really hit it off but they were still trying to figure out their career, while I am all about enjoying the fruits of a well established career, and we just could not sustain that initial flame over time. I have a cousin who is turning 25 and her boyfriend is in his 30's. She recognizes that he may be ready for marriage and kids soon and she is nowhere near ready, but they have been together for several years now and have weathered a time of being long distance, so it's a good deal in my opinion.

Good luck!

• There was 15 years between my grandparents & she was wife no 3 after 2 failed marriages. They were together 46 years until separated by death & were very happy together. If you like each other, who cares what anyone else thinks?