How is independence and intelligence a turn off?

I personally find it admirable of women who can be independent and intelligent. I mean - there are extremes - really intelligent people can be intimidating but aren't really dependent girls annoying. I don't get it when guys want a more dependent girl though - I know my ex wanted me to be more dependent - but when I leaned of him for a bit of emotional support he had a go at me for doing so - saying I could usually handle it myself so why not this time. MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

Most Helpful Girl

• Intelligence, like looks, are relative. I have dated both stupid and intelligent men. The "smartest" guy I ever met was a astrophysicist. Book wise, I've never met anyone smarter, but he was COMPLETELY retarded when it came to love and interacting with people. He would try to give a scientific reason as to why I was upset everytime. It got old, quick. Dumb guys well... they can be a lot of fun actually, but as I learned, there is a thin line between stupidity and bravery. That didn't really answer your question huh. Oh well...

What Guys Said 1

• It's like saying, how is a guy being feminine a turn off?

Anyway, life is about having balance. Too much of a good thing isn't always good. If she's independent, great. She doesn't need to flaunt it or make a point of it. In my experience usually I find girls who ask these questions self-centred. Like, she always have to have things her way, and she calls it independence.

What Girls Said 1

• Your right. We should be independent enough to stay strong

and not rely on our partner and smart to know what we're getting into lol.