Which do you agree with?

1. Go dutch on a date: Guy pays half and girl pays her half

2. Guy pays

3. Girl pays

Especially on a first date and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• If she can't pay for herself, I'm OK to pay for her. Otherwise I'd be more happy to see her pay for herself.

Sure most girls appreciate chivalry and paying for her will get you some "bonus points" in her eyes, but it gets annoying already. More then that, some girls are ordering more food that they can actually eat (and they still hope you'll pay). At this point it's like asking someone for a cigarette while you have a full pack of cigarettes in your pocket.

• Men should pay

• It's a personal decision, not "a must" as you try to put it.

• Its a common act that a guy pays and some like you don't feel you should then OK. there are women out there that will accept that but not many

What Guys Said 5

• I'm more than happy to pay for the date, and if she wants to split it then that's her choice and I'd be okay with that too. But if the girl "requires" me to pay for it, and even too the next step and took advantage of expecting me to pay for it, that's when we'd have a problem. And regardless of who paid for it, that's probably the last date I'm going on with that girl.

• to each his own, but I would always be willing to pay.

• And why is that?

• Just seems right to me to pay, but if we're in agreement to go dutch that's cool too.

• Exactly

• Hmmm... I'd say the guy pays. I mean usually it's the guy asking the girl out on the date, so it's only fair.

Only if the girl is a complete bitch, should you make her pay half.

• I personally think the guy should be the one to pay on a first date to leave a positive impersion on your date.Which I think would go along way of making a good impression and open some other doors.

• the question asker disagrees with anyone that does not want to pay the girl to hang out. I think she's a gold digger.

What Girls Said 3

• I always come prepared to pay my own way. If the guy insists on paying, I'll let him, but usually only if I'd like to go on a second date with him (on which I'll offer to pay for us both). I'm also not adverse to paying for both of us on the first date, but generally guys don't go for that.

• I think it's more base on personal preference =/

With me I've experienced all three on my first dates with my ex. and my current boyfriend.

But if the guy doesn't pay for you on the first date but expects you to pay for him... Then I am pretty sure he's a douche, period.

• My point exactly and yes we can go dutch if there is an agreement

• I would go dutch with my guy

• Smh

• Why go dutch?

• Maybe because we` ve been together for so long, it` s not improtant no more who pays or not, that not important any more

it is nice for the guy to pay though on first dates