Guys, would it bug you if the girl you were dating was poor?

This is something that's been bugging me for a while now.

I graduated from uni a year ago, I have lived in a little bachelor since then and I was comfortable with this until I met this guy I'm currently dating. I don't worry because he's said or done anything but because I'm suddenly super self conscious about myself. I haven't invited him in yet and he's never pressured me to.

If I've spent money on anything selfishly its clothing, so I'm fine with the way I dress, heh. Otherwise I've always just tried to work my way out of my student loans. I can't afford a bigger apartment or new furniture. I can't do anything about this.

Please help me out here, I'd appreciate it if you'd share your thoughts.

Most Helpful Guy

• no, money does not define who you are. if you work and keep yourself supported then that should be good enough. material items are not important, when I have extra money(which isn't often) I usually buy books.

What Guys Said 5

• If I liked a girl, it wouldn't matter if she was poor or not. I'd rather have a poor girl than a rich girl. Rich girls can have expensive tastes and can be high maintenance. A girl that comes from humble beginnings is the best type of girl in my opinion.

• I get concerned when I know a girl is poor. I will have part of my head that will say to watch out for her, she could use up my resources. But reality, most people are good and won't steal stuff. Just project that your totally fine with the situation your in and you'll improve. don't project that you have financial issues, it can scare a guy off, people in general watch out for poor people.

• It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if the girl I'm dating was financially poor. But then, I'd expect her to get a job, if she doesn't have one.

• Actually I'd prefer that to a spoiled bitch.

• in fact the problems don't come because she's poor particularly, but because for example he can buy brands & she can't or he can afford going to expensive places and restaurants and she can't, and most probably that his friends are like him, so he's living in a different atmosphere, a higher one...and that's the problem in my opinion...and sorry I really don't mean to make you feel bad or anything, just sharing my thoughts..and I wish I could help.

Best of Luck!

What Girls Said 1

• this is like reading my life story with my bf

he's in the same field I'm in except he went to one of the best colleges in the country for that major and now he's working with a really high salary. however, I'm still in college with no income and I feel really inferior to him sometimes in terms of money and brains.