Online dating=weird?

Long story short; I met this AMAZING guy online. Yes..I said online. It's not as if I cannot get guys in real life - in fact, I get asked out tons. However, the guys who are usually interested in me are the player types and those are not my type at all. So anyways, I met this really sweet and... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• I met my current boyfriend online and we've been together for 2.5 years. It's always been long distance but we're still happy, and soon I'll finish uni and go down and live with him hopefully.

However, the important thing is, we didn't get together till we met in person. I had a crush on him while we were just talking online, but I knew you can't really *know* someone till you meet and spend time with them. Like others on here have said, you can be anyone you want on the internet.

I once was in an actual online relationship when I was 16. We eventually met up at this hotel and spent the night together (though we didn't have sex), and I was really shy and nervous and said almost nothing to him. After that I didn't hear from him for like 2 weeks, then he emailed me saying I was too young (he decides this after 6 months of going on webcam...) Anyway, he was fat, pompous, had no real sense of humour and was quite clearly just trying to get laid. He didn't try anything I didn't want, but he was still a bastard. This stuff happens.

The fact that he probably lives a long way from you probably plays into why he doesn't want a relationship; he'd never see you. Also it kinda makes me think that maybe he HAS been pretending about some things, and he doesn't want you to find out. In reality he's probably not your perfect guy. I know it's hard, but try to let it go. You'll find someone else in time.