How will dating in college differ from high school?

will it change from high school dating or remain the same?

Thanks everybody who responded, you were very informative :)

Most Helpful Guy

• High school: Less responsibilities, more leisure time to date. Less outlook on preferences.

College: More responsibilities, and less time to date. Choices to date become a bit harder too. More future outlook, example being sharing similarities and personalities.

What Guys Said 1

• The difference is that the same people won't be around to judge you as well as label you. If he/she does, then they have to grow up and learn to respect others.

What Girls Said 3

• It's less serious yet more mature. It's hard to explain. A lot less "your my boyfriend I'm your girlfriend so we hold hands and eat lunch and sit in your lap" and more dating to actually look for a mate. A lot more hooking up for those who don't wanna date since it's less frowned upon.

• Relationships change a lot on college. You meet tons of different people and your taste in guys becomes more defined. Relationships are also more serious when you can actually manage to get in one because most guys just want to party and casually hook up the first 2 years of college. Drinking and partying totally changes the dating scene as well.

• I notice it becomes waaaayyyy more casual and laid back (in my experience). You'll date for while, where "dating" does not automatically mean "exclusive". It's a lot more fun, and less pressure.

Plus, there are more opportunities to date different people. You really find what you like/dislike in a partner when you're dating in college.