Guys, would you ever wait 24 hrs. to text back a girl you like?

I said hey through text yesterday and it's been about 24 hours and no reply. He seemed very interested. Would you ever wait this long with a girl you like or is he blowing me off? I sense he may be trying to show me he's busy and not clingy, but a whole day seems a little extreme.

• Vote A I've waited that long before
  • Vote B I wouldn't wait that long with a girl I liked
I said, "Hey how are you?" since it had been about a day since we talked. The last time we talked though he asked if he could take me on a date.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not everyone needs a cell phone/texting to breathe and survive, you know. Maybe he's not much of a texting kinda guy. Or maybe he didn't feel like talking.

Maybe he didn't get it. Sometimes even though it says a text has sent, the other person just didn't receive it. Maybe he was too busy when he got it, and then just forgot about it.

God forbid someone doesn't respond to a text message 34 seconds after you send it to them.

Anyways, why don't you just call him or something? Instead of sitting around why he didn't respond to your one little text.

• We hadn't talked in 2 days. I sent him an initiating "hey how are you text" and he didn't answer me for a whole day. I think that's a legitimate thing to ask. I wasn't freaking about about 34 seconds and I wasn't freaking out about him ending a conversation abruptly. No need to be rude.

• Show Older
    • Sometimes my texts didn't work with my friend, so maybe he didn't receive it. Or maybe he is nervous. Send one again, it doesn't hurt.

• There is always a possibility of a text not making it. The first time I got a girls number and texted her the next day I got no answer which gave me the impression that I got rejected.

The next day she asked me why I didn't text her yet. I got lucky that she asked that cause I would have otherwise given up.