Everyone I know is getting married or pregnant, I just want to get drunk.

Long story short, I feel like every one I know or is good friends with is either married, in serious relationships, or pregnant. Even girls who used to be sluts or guys I know who were players are now settling down or having kids. It's just so weird! Am I wrong for being mid twenties and having no desire to get married? I just wanna casually date, hook up, and party. My friends say I should start growing up and acting my age. Anyone else feel this way? I have no desire to be in a relationship, and honestly I've been told that's not really normal. The married life just seems rather boring to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• i agree with you 100%. I think the idea that party people should just settle down and live a dull life disgusts me.

you are who you are, live for yourself and in a way that makes you happy.

maturity or intelligence play no factor in your lifestyle. some of the highest quality and substantial people I know are individuals, men and women, who have realized that the "settled down" life pitched to us as bringing fulfillment is bullsh*t

i'd rather have my flings and party days til I'm 40, then just raise a few kids on my own.

What Guys Said 1

• Not at all. You're still young! Party hearty, but make sure you're heading in the right direction amidst all your fun. If you can do that, then your friends shouldn't have the ability to influence you on how to live your life. If you were mid 30's, I'd have a different opinion.

What Girls Said 3

• What's right for one person isn't always right for someone else. If you're not ready to settle down, there's no reason why you should have to. In fact, a lot of people settle down simply because they feel like it's the next step or its what they're "supposed" to do. Hell, you don't ever have to get married if you don't want to.

• Oh totally understand what you're saying! I'm still a party girl and I'm 29. I did the whole relationship thing for 8 years and am having so much fun now. A lot of my friends think you're only worth something if you're going out with someone. It's easy to get any boyfriend but I'm having fun and in no rush to settle down. Enjoy yourself and maybe do things to meet new friends if your own friends are making you feel bad. It's a lot braver to be on your own than to just be clingy and with someone for the sake of it cos your friends are!

• I have the exact same thing going on here. Everybody is being infected be the family virus.

I have no desire to get married or even be in a relationship right now.

I am busy with work and having a good time.

Even my parents and grandparents are starting to ask if I shouldn't settle down soon, "before it is too late"

WTF? I am 25. Not dead.