First loves ever last?

Do you believe a first love can ever truly last, through marriage and everything? Or do you believe that everyone has to experience heartbreak at least once?

Most Helpful Guy

• To really know what you've got you have to loose it first, but maybe in the end you'll wind up with the one you first had.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• My sister is married with her first real love. They have 2 children now and are still very much in love.

Its possible but I'd say in most cases its unlikely.

• Trust is a critical component of a relationship. And once lost, it shouldn't come back. Allowing someone to breech your trust once is allowing them to do it again.

• I believe people need to experience heartbreak. It makes us stronger for life's other challenges. That being said, I've entered all my relationships wanting them to last forever. I even proposed marriage to a woman I dated for five years. She accepted and then broke up with me a month later.

It's rare and I'm not saying it couldn't happen; but I wouldn't count on it.

• This made me think of my current boyfriend and I because we've been together since we were 15 and we're 19 now. Were engaged but broke it off two months later because of trust issues. We broke up for 8 months and now we're back together and I'm second guessing everything. I guess another question I have is, after 4/5 years, you should be expected to have trust in your relationship, if it's not there now, I don't think it will ever be, opinion?

• it's rare that a first love will last, people change in time, expectations change as well. people tend to grow apart with a lot of time together, but there are those rare times when it stands too.

What Girls Said 3

• i think everyone has to experinace heartbrake to value what they have the next time around. wiether it is the boy you have a crush on in grade five or the person you thought you were going to spend you life with.

And experiancing heartbrake doesn't mean you never get back together or even break up, you coud have one huge fight, think it is over but get surprised with him knocking down your door at one in the morning.

• The people I know still with their first love are only with them because they don't know how to not be in a relationship. The majority of them SHOULD NOT be together and just don't want to let go.

• I met my current boyfriend when I was a sophomore in high school. We have had an amazing relationship and are still currently together. We have gone through everything together and we have both hurt each other, not intentionally it was bigger problems we couldn't avoid we never cheated on each other, but we are still together to this day and very happy. We were each others' first love and only love and seeing everything we have gone through I don't think anything could ruin us. I have had my heartbroken by him, and I have broke his heart but we have made it through and we are stronger than ever. I am currently 26. We both don't believe in marriage but are very content with how we are right now.