Should/Can an Average Looking Girl Date A Better Looking Guy?

Recently I met a guy online, and after exchanging numbers, we've been texting quite a bit. I thought he seemed cute from his profile pictures, but when I met him in person-DAMN. The pictures did not do him justice! On top of that, he was very intelligent and funny, and we've had hours-long phone conversations since.

I'm an average looking girl at best, and this guy is for certain out of my league. I'm wondering if I should bother pursuing this into a relationship, or just do the whole "disappear" thing? Do good looking guys really end up in relationships with average looking girls?

PS: Me saying I'm average is NOT insecurity, I get a lot of negative comments about my looks and my friends always insist I have a "great personality." Just me being realistic.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not? If he wants to date you then go for it.

Not all guys are obsessed with looks. Especially as guys mature they start to value and appreciate other qualities in a girl.

What Guys Said 2

• I agree with commentator number two.

When I was a kid I was so shallow and used to chase girls that I considered hot enough.

But now that I am maturing, I've dated a handful of girls that weren't as "hot" as the girls I used to chase, but wow was I attracted to their personalities and human values.

I think eventually personality trumps looks and now I would take a sweetheart over a 9 any day.

• Sure you can. He's obviously attracted to you and you are to him so go with it. Guys don't go by categories, or look for girls that are as "hot" as we are - we are either attracted or we aren't attracted.

And ignore your friends, they aren't doing you any favors by making negative comments. I know the feeling, a lot of guy friends say the same sh*t to me but I don't listen to them.

What Girls Said 3

• Of course they do! Looks aren't everything, personality is also a big factor. Why would you not want to see where the relationship takes you. He has shown interest in you, and you have shown interest in him. So what's the problem? :)

• Exactly. The girls I work with do that stuff all the time - "he's too tall for her, what is she doing with HIM, she's ugly and he's so hot what is he thinking, he's a 5 and she's an 8." Some people just need a good slap upside the head I guess.

• Lol I hear that "what is she doing with HIM" all the time... I always tell them this: "what happened is that the girl made an effort and connected with the guy, something you stuck-ups won't do because you prefer to waste your time judging women who try".

• I don't see why not

• well he obviously finds you attractive that's why he even accepted to go out on a date with you.