What happens after a first date?

So I went on a date with this girl I really like. Things out really good, we both like each other. At the end of the night we both kissed each other. Well the next day I text around middle of the day, she answered back but not in a very talkative way. I remember she said she would be busy doing something, but I'm sure it wasn't till late at night. I text her at 11pm, telling her I hope everything is great. She text back like 30minutes later. All she said was,"everything fine, just busy." At that moment I got this weird feeling, like something wasn't right. I decided not to text back any more and just leave her alone. She always text me when even if it's real late, like 1am 2am to tell me what's going on, all the sudden after that first date this. Today I was going to text or call, but I really don't know if I should, or not. I don't want to sound like I'm putting pressure, or desperate. What do you think ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should call her becuase texting can become so confusing. You cannot read emotions through texts so you really won't know if she is busy or just doesn't want to talk to you. If you call, you will hear her reactions and based upon how thrilled she sounds at the fact you called, I say you should ask her out on a second date if she sounds happy. If she sounds distant or says she has been really busy and has no time to hang out, move on. Hope this helped!

What Girls Said 7

• I say wait. You guys have been on one date, it went well, if she really likes you she'll make the move. She could've changed her mind. Give her a few days, and if she's still not being responsive talk to her!

• Not desperate. You care. And if she's a nice girl, she should value that. Otherwise, I think there's sth wrong. Like, she's messing around, playing hard to get or just busy doing sth she doesn't want you to stick around, or simply, doesn't wanna keep this relationship. This is not a very good start. Think abt it.

• I have found lately that men and women both are just as wierd...If I was you I would just call her at a reasonable hr of the day and try to ask her out on a second date and see how it goes...discuss the textes and all...no grilling..the fact that she is calling at such late hrs just makes me believe she is a player...but the best way to get to the bottom of it is a phone call and don't text her!

• She text's you late at night because she can't sleep because she's thinking about you. just text her an say hey an let it flow. but to tell you that sounds a lot like me when I'm interested in a guy I say she likes you an she is unsure how you feel an if you liked the date so she's pretending an playing cool. tell her how you feel but don't put it all on at once just tell her how pretty she looked that night or she smelled good or something.

• I feel like you should text her. Calling is a little more serious this way you can see if she is interested if she replies.

• You can't really read that much from texting. There is no emotion really. She could have really been busy or she was making an excuse for not wanting to talk to you. Talk to her on the phone, and see how things go. I wish you good luck! :)

• Do show her you are interested from time to time but let her set the pace of what she wants to do if you like her. If you don't really like her, move on. It really depends on what kind of tone you set and what kind of girl she is.

What Guys Said 3

• Hey hazaces,

I think like many others you are messing up a good thing with texting. You go out on a good date, you should then call the girl (not necessarily the next day but within a reasonable period of time). You call to say hey and set up a second date.

Forget the texting. It's not doing you any favors -> just causing you to feel insecure and creating miscommunication for both of you.

Best

- Evan

How to Leave a Good Message -> link

• if she was all interested before and then suddenly isn't the next day you can be pretty sure she woke up the morning after and in the cold light of day re-evaluated the date downwards. Plenty of girls won't tell you outright, they'll be passive and hope you get the "message".

• Yeah just call. Listen to her tone more than what she says. Ask her how she is and just seem lime it's all fine, but really listen. If you can, try to meet up with her for something. She may just be nervous and not know what to do. She's doing what guys try to do to be cool, she's pretending not to care, but in reality she is really into you.